Channels that are included in Locals Only core package - Updated June 2022

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Thanks. I'll call that number and see if there's any way I can get that package.
I forgot to mention that you may need to threaten to cancel (or even actually cancel) your service in order to get Locals Only. That used to be the only way this option was available (as a retention tool to prevent customers from leaving, or get them to come back after they left) before availability was expanded during the pandemic. I didn't need to threaten to cancel when I got Locals Only, but things could have changed since then. So, maybe don't lead with a threat to cancel, but don't be afraid to do so if necessary.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I am fortunate that I actually do get Court TV in my Locals Only package, since it airs on one of the main channels in the Cleveland market (WDLI) that elected must-carry. So, Dish does carry a standard-def feed of Court TV here, but other markets are not so lucky.
Also, good news for those of us in the Cleveland, OH market in today's uplink. Dish now carries WDLI channel 17 in HD. This had been the last remaining local channel in our market that was SD-only on Dish, so now every local channel that Dish carries here is available in HD.
:everybodydance

Welp, no locals only package for me. I spoke to two different agents based in the US and they both stated it wasn't available anymore. They also said that I was grandfathered in to the Welcome Pack and that if I canceled I wouldn't be able to get it again. My Televes antenna comes in next week and if it works half as good as my neighbor's does I'll be saying goodbye to Dish after 20 years.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
They also said that I was grandfathered in to the Welcome Pack and that if I canceled I wouldn't be able to get it again.
For what it's worth, they told me the same thing about my Locals Only package when I cancelled Dish service last year. When I came back to Dish this March, I had no trouble with getting the Locals Only package back. Your mileage may vary, but the point is not to put too much stock in anything a Dish CSR tells you before you actually cancel.

For what it's worth, they told me the same thing about my Locals Only package when I cancelled Dish service last year. When I came back to Dish this March, I had no trouble with getting the Locals Only package back. Your mileage may vary, but the point is not to put too much stock in anything a Dish CSR tells you before you actually cancel.
My neighbor got a similar offer to keep the Welcome Pack, but he cancelled anyway since he's happy with the 40+ channels he gets with the antenna. I'll probably do the same since I have Starlink and can stream most of what I watch.

Welp, no locals only package for me. I spoke to two different agents based in the US and they both stated it wasn't available anymore. They also said that I was grandfathered in to the Welcome Pack and that if I canceled I wouldn't be able to get it again. My Televes antenna comes in next week and if it works half as good as my neighbor's does I'll be saying goodbye to Dish after 20 years.
That's what I did last summer. Got a Televes antenna and it was easy to aim with my digital antenna app on my phone. Also set my parents up with the same antenna . Got All my locals and sub channels with complete Guide information using the Air tv/ sling tv device Tv Anywhere 4 ota tuner dvr. It is nice to see the actual guide for channels like my Fox 4 channel which moved over a year and a half ago and is still no information on the DISH guide. IF DISH doesn't care about ota customers then satisfy your self with your own ota dvr and antenna. Save yourself the $12.00 a month for something that comes FREE ota.

I also have a Tablo 4 ota tuner dvr that works very much like the satellite receiver. Complete 2 week guide information for all channels and sub channels. Even has commercial skip on Any channel you record off of. You can just search for the shows you want on each network and set up recordings from there. You can do the same for movies using that filter. No need to go to the guide unless you want to see what comes on during prime time. There are alternatives out there if people want to look.

It is nice to see the actual guide for channels like my Fox 4 channel which moved over a year and a half ago and is still no information on the DISH guide. IF DISH doesn't care about ota customers...
But Fox is one of the OTA networks that Dish does care about:
Hi everyone. Prior to reaching out regarding your OTA locals, please keep in mind that we are only investigating guide information issues on the 4 major networks. (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX)

Thank you!

MikeD-C05, I see that you replied to brittanygarden in that thread, but did you also start a private conversation about that OTA guide issue? Brittany has not replied to that thread since then, so maybe private conversations are the only way to make sure these issues actually get reported. The thread seems to be ignored by Dish, unless you actually post pictures of your Dish OTA guide there, showing the issue. I realize that you have found other alternative devices that work for you, but officially reporting the OTA guide issue to Dish may help other Dish customers in your market. (You did mention that you had already reported this issue to Dish tech support, but how long ago was that? Dish apparently only started seriously looking into these OTA guide issues relatively recently.)

Save yourself the $12.00 a month for something that comes FREE ota.
For me, that would save $25 per month, but then I would have no Dish service at all, and I would be missing some of the networks that I do not receive OTA. Also, the Welcome Pack subscribers who posted in this thread would not even have the option of dropping the locals to save that $12 either, unfortunately.

But Fox is one of the OTA networks that Dish does care about:

MikeD-C05, I see that you replied to brittanygarden in that thread, but did you also start a private conversation about that OTA guide issue? Brittany has not replied to that thread since then, so maybe private conversations are the only way to make sure these issues actually get reported. The thread seems to be ignored by Dish, unless you actually post pictures of your Dish OTA guide there, showing the issue. I realize that you have found other alternative devices that work for you, but officially reporting the OTA guide issue to Dish may help other Dish customers in your market. (You did mention that you had already reported this issue to Dish tech support, but how long ago was that? Dish apparently only started seriously looking into these OTA guide issues relatively recently.)

For me, that would save $25 per month, but then I would have no Dish service at all, and I would be missing some of the networks that I do not receive OTA. Also, the Welcome Pack subscribers who posted in this thread would not even have the option of dropping the locals to save that $12 either, unfortunately.
No Brittany didn't private message me . I reported the guide being wrong since a year and a half ago. It was one of the reasons I left satellite and went with the online Sling tv. Price hikes & FEES were the other reason. Now I get full guide information on all my ota channels and sub channels and my bill dropped in half.

No Brittany didn't private message me .
Sorry I wasn't clear. I meant that you should have private messaged Brittany. There may not be any other members here from your market who can report this issue, but I assume that Dish still has customers in your market who could benefit from having this OTA guide issue fixed.

Sorry I wasn't clear. I meant that you should have private messaged Brittany. There may not be any other members here from your market who can report this issue, but I assume that Dish still has customers in your market who could benefit from having this OTA guide issue fixed.
Mike no longer has DISH service so it's a moot point...

Mike no longer has DISH service so it's a moot point...
Then how does Mike know that the Dish guide issue has not been fixed yet? I seem to remember Mike posting about keeping a deactivated ViP211k hooked up, that still works for OTA. I am assuming that is still the case. In any event, I was suggesting making sure the issue gets reported again, for the benefit of other Dish subscribers, not for Mike's own benefit.

Then how does Mike know that the Dish guide issue has not been fixed yet? I seem to remember Mike posting about keeping a deactivated ViP211k hooked up, that still works for OTA. I am assuming that is still the case. In any event, I was suggesting making sure the issue gets reported again, for the benefit of other Dish subscribers, not for Mike's own benefit.
It is hard to report an issue when you don't have an account. He does have a Sling account but that doesn't do anything here.

It is hard to report an issue when you don't have an account. He does have a Sling account but that doesn't do anything here.
I don't recall Brittany asking for a Dish account number though, just the receiver number and photos of the guide showing the incorrect OTA info issue. The photos of the guide I submitted are from my deactivated Hopper 3. My active receiver is a Wally. I only have one OTA adapter, so I keep it connected to my Hopper 3. That way, I can still get some use from the Hopper 3, since it still works for OTA, even when it is deactivated. My point is that you don't actually need to have an active Dish account to be able to see, or report, these OTA guide issues.

I don't recall Brittany asking for a Dish account number though, just the receiver number and photos of the guide showing the incorrect OTA info issue. The photos of the guide I submitted are from my deactivated Hopper 3. My active receiver is a Wally. I only have one OTA adapter, so I keep it connected to my Hopper 3. That way, I can still get some use from the Hopper 3, since it still works for OTA, even when it is deactivated. My point is that you don't actually need to have an active Dish account to be able to see, or report, these OTA guide issues.
And my point is that Brittany has no way to process the report without an active receiver account number.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 7)