Chaparral Corotor II Dual Band Feed Horn C & KU Band LNB Satellite

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jnoda1

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 24, 2010
miami
Hello, can someone tell me if this Chaparral Corotor II Dual Band Feed Horn C & KU Band LNB Satellite is worth buying and also where do you connect these wars, I am going to mount this on a 10ft dish with a box positioner and linkbox, any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Yes it is worth buying and it is a very well made unit. Once you buy LNB's for it you would run them through a switch to your receiver. Either a 22kHz switch or a DiSEqC switch. You will also need something to control the polarity of polar rotor. The Titanium ASC-1 is a very well made unit that will move your dish with ease and control your polarity.

Hello, can someone tell me if this Chaparral Corotor II Dual Band Feed Horn C & KU Band LNB Satellite is worth buying and also where do you connect these wars, I am going to mount this on a 10ft dish with a box positioner and linkbox, any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Everyone's got an opinion so I will tell you mine. These units were great a decade ago. I have a box containing several I've acquired along the way, although only one is dual band. What I never liked about them was the polorotor (the little blue box that houses the motor that switches the polarity) because it could go bad on you at the most inopportune times, such as the dead of winter. I much prefer the newer units that are voltage switched to control the polarity; as long as you get a good one they are much more reliable IMHO, and also because they are a single unit you don't have to worry about water infiltration, provided you seal the coax connection properly. And you never have to worry about the polorotor going bad, nor about running extra wires to control it, nor having to have a separate box to control it.

BUT, that said, some people seem to be of the opinion that if you want to receive both C and Ku band, the voltage-switched dual band units are not so great. My personal approach is to use separate dishes for C and Ku band, because it is pretty hard to get good aim on Ku on a C-band dish, whereas if you have a separate 1 meter dish dedicated just to Ku then you can tune both bands for optimum performance. But if you really want to try and do both bands on a 10 foot dish, then maybe that is the best approach. Some people still love that old technology and I have no idea why; I couldn't replace it fast enough, but to each his own. I'm not saying either position is right, just that there are different opinions about those older feedhorns. I wish it weren't such a PITA to ship stuff because I'd happily sell all my old ones, but since I live in a rural area and don't have a decent printer to print shipping labels for pickup, it's a real hassle to ship anything and not worth the trouble, considering I probably couldn't get much for them.

I sold one on Ebay last year for $250. I live in a rural area also, but I had no problem going to the post office for that kind of money. That's $250 per hour, because it didn't take me longer to make photos, post the auction, then print a shipping label and box it up and drop it off at the post office...

Reactions: Lone Gunman
primestar31, did you have a mask and a gun? (just kidding). I can't believe anyone paid that much for that. As a point of reference, back in 2002 I purchased a used Chaparral C/Ku feedhorn (with LNB's) and a dish positioner (in GREAT condition) for $100. So either you got really lucky or I did, or the value of those things has gone way up. But it sounds like you have an eBay account, which I don't have (and won't). So I'd be limited to using Craigslist, and I doubt I'd get much there. Anyway, we all make our choices, and I choose not to ship stuff, it's just too much hassle and too much risk from my point of view. If you like to do that sort of thing, good for you, you certainly seem to have more success with it than I've ever had.

It was one of those original model 1's, that had two C-band lnb's as orthomode H and V, and a single ku lnb down the center that used a servo motor for H and V.

It included the lnb's, but I listed them as untested.

It was one of those original model 1's, that had two C-band lnb's as orthomode H and V, and a single ku lnb down the center that used a servo motor for H and V.

It included the lnb's, but I listed them as untested.
I think that was the early Bullseye feed. The older Corotors were only 1 C-band LNB

Yeah, Bullseye-1.

I got TWO 10-ft Winegard Pinnacle dishes, an Ajak HH mount, a bunch of actuators and such. I paid an extra $25 for the Bullseye feed. With what I made on just selling that from Ebay, I got everything else for FREE +.

Sometimes you get a bit lucky... But I think the Ebay buyer did ok himself, he saved a couple $100 over the full price of all brand-new versions.

dsc01315-jpg.91777

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)