Chaparral Corotor II Dual Band Feed Horn C & KU Band LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jnoda1

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 24, 2010
miami
Hello, I am thinking of getting the Chaparral Corotor II Dual Band Feed Horn C & KU Band LNB, what LNBs should I get for optimal satellite reception, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

For sure go with Norsats!!

What is your budget and what are you attempting to receive?

What dish and receiver?

Maybe an inexpensive DRO is adequate or you may need a extremely stable PLL.
i have a 10ft dish going to a open box x5 receiver along with a link box hd8000 receiver, don't want anything too expensive but just want something stable, I'm picking up most of the clarke belt are, all the way from 78w to 127 west,
What is your budget and what are you attempting to receive?

What dish and receiver?

Maybe an inexpensive DRO is adequate or you may need a extremely stable PLL.
i have a 10ft dish going to a open box x5 receiver along with a link box hd8000 receiver, don't want anything too expensive but just want something stable, I'm picking up most of the clarke belt are, all the way from 78w to 127 west, but on some sats the signal comes and goes, i want both band an ku lnbs, thanks

i have a 10ft dish going to a open box x5 receiver along with a link box hd8000 receiver, don't want anything too expensive but just want something stable, I'm picking up most of the clarke belt are, all the way from 78w to 127 west,

i have a 10ft dish going to a open box x5 receiver along with a link box hd8000 receiver, don't want anything too expensive but just want something stable, I'm picking up most of the clarke belt are, all the way from 78w to 127 west, but on some sats the signal comes and goes, i want both band an ku lnbs, thanks
sorry to bother you, but can you tell me how do i upload photos to the forums, thanks

Unless you are trying to lock low symbol rate audio or high FEC marginal signal quality feeds, save your money. Low cost DRO LNBs will do just fine for your system. If you want or require greater stability, go with the internal reference PLL units. Your budget will probably be the major factor in your decision... :)

Check out these Norsats:
C: 8115 - $90 or 8515 - $80
KU: 4106a or 4206a - $70

I would also consider the NJRC (National Japan Radio Corporation) LNBs. Installed many NJRC units through the years and they keep on running!

Reactions: Bongu and fred555
The other consideration is how you are going to power the LNBs. This is more important if you will be using multiple receivers at the same time. I used the 8115 version for my c-band setup and was very pleased.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)