Charge! coming to Dish

zippyfrog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
Chicago, IL
I received this notification from Dish on my bill - "Effective April 20, 2022, DISH is launching Charge! at no additional cost into your current package and DISH will no longer carry the channel Stadium. Visit mydish.com/upgrades to explore our programming options." I have AT250 as my programming package.

I didn't know that Dish ever carried Stadium in my package. As I flip through my channels I don't see it, so it must be a hopper only channel. I have it OTA in my area, but not via satellite.

I received this notification from Dish on my bill - "Effective April 20, 2022, DISH is launching Charge! at no additional cost into your current package and DISH will no longer carry the channel Stadium. Visit mydish.com/upgrades to explore our programming options." I have AT250 as my programming package.

I didn't know that Dish ever carried Stadium in my package. As I flip through my channels I don't see it, so it must be a hopper only channel. I have it OTA in my area, but not via satellite.
Looks like right now Stadium is a VOD channel so hopper only? (notice Charge is uplinked already but not available yet)
svod.jpg

I know they carry the station (Stadium) on Sling and rumours were that they were to drop it there and replace with Charge but that was suppose to be like a month ago (has not happened yet).

Reactions: charlesrshell
Very interesting. I wonder if Charge will be a streaming only channel available on the Hopper. If it is, I won't be able to get it via satellite. Exchange one streaming channel for another.

Stadium on Dish is offered on the EPG as a STREAMING only channel in HD. I have H3's. Stadium is also available to some as a Diginet via OTA antenna.

Also BNC is offered on the EPG as via satellite in SD and as a streaming channel in HD. AFAIK, all the streaming channels on Dish are in HD.

I have come across Tudnxrta ( I hope I got the spelling correct) channels starting at 857 with several streaming only channels that had--at the time I had checked--nearly every one with different sports (mostly soccer/football) on at the same time.

Aside from some of the HBO/Max channels and those already mentioned above, there are a few more streaming only channels. For me, I would not mind the streaming only channels, but I want the ability to DVR those channels for later viewing, while trick play is on streaming channels is today functional, and we need to be able to view/record more than the current limit of 3 streaming channels, but maybe that is what the Hopper Plus can provide--to SOME degree, I would hope.

So what do people who subscribe to the HBO/Max channels get if they don't have equipment that can access the channels that (according to my EPG) are ONLY offered as streaming channels? Do they lose out and get only the Sat channels? Do other than H3's offer the streaming channels?

Reactions: tornado
I could swore dish had charge, I just checked agian it dont. i wouldnt mind the channel as i did watch alot when i at my uncles

Unless Charge! goes to Dish Anywhere, which does little good as you cannot DVR it there, I will not be getting it off Dish. The channel is free on STIRR, Sinclair's streaming channel app for free on Roku and the Firestick, which I have, but again no way to DVR it. The LPTV (KUNP-LP) Sinclair owns in Portland has Charge!, but it is not on their main channel of KATU. They have 2.1 KATU ABC/2.2 METV/2.3 Comet/2.4 TBD. We get all of those here on the Oregon Coast via a translator, but not the LPTV. So what you saying, if the service streams on Dish, there is no way to DVR it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Latest posts