Charge to activate purchased receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CadEddie

Original poster
Sep 21, 2011
Midwest
Does Dish Network charge to activate a purchased receiver on established accounts? I am thinking of slowly changing over to HD receivers as all of my tv's are now LCD or Plasma. My current SD receivers are all owned.

Is there a charge? And if there is, does anyone know how much it is?

There isn't an activation charge.Depending on the model of the receiver it would be an additional $7 per month for say a 211/211k.If its a 612 it would be $10.

There isn't an activation charge.Depending on the model of the receiver it would be an additional $7 per month for say a 211/211k.If its a 612 it would be $10.

Thanks. I searched through the forum and several times I thought I saw members mention an activation charge if the receiver was owned, instead of leased.

True,it would help if we knew what receivers you were swapping.

I currently have five owned 508 receivers, and one owned 512 (just replaced under warranty in the last two weeks). I really like the 512 (two tuners) so was thinking about purchasing the 612 as I want HD to all six tv's eventually, and separate control for at least 5 of the flat screens.

I don't really relish the idea of signing up for another 2 year commitment if I were to lease (been with Dish about 15 years, initially purchased all my own 7100 and 7200 receivers) as there are just too many offers (U-verse and to a lesser extent Direct) out there and I don't want to miss out should something too good to pass up come my way.

i always owned my equipment and they never charged me for an activation. my previous receiver was a 922 and a few days ago i activated a hopper & joey, not an activation fee either. the only time i paid an activation fee was for reactivating my account for not paying it in time a few years ago.

I currently have five owned 508 receivers, and one owned 512 (just replaced under warranty in the last two weeks). I really like the 512 (two tuners) so was thinking about purchasing the 612 as I want HD to all six tv's eventually, and separate control for at least 5 of the flat screens.

I don't really relish the idea of signing up for another 2 year commitment if I were to lease (been with Dish about 15 years, initially purchased all my own 7100 and 7200 receivers) as there are just too many offers (U-verse and to a lesser extent Direct) out there and I don't want to miss out should something too good to pass up come my way.

Instead of $7 per month for the 508 the 612 would be $10.Again no activation fee $3 more per month for a 612.

Instead of $7 per month for the 508 the 612 would be $10.Again no activation fee $3 more per month for a 612.

I've been paying $10.00 per month for the additional 508 receivers for 6 months or longer now so at least that part of my bill should stay the same.

I've been paying $10.00 per month for the additional 508 receivers for 6 months or longer now so at least that part of my bill should stay the same.

yep should be good to go then.The only receivers that would make a big difference then would be the dual tuner 2 tv type.The 625 sd/622/722/722k if you have more than one would run $17 per month.

You should have been getting a credit on the 508's though.We still do on our 501.

yep should be good to go then.The only receivers that would make a big difference then would be the dual tuner 2 tv type.The 625 sd/622/722/722k if you have more than one would run $17 per month.

You should have been getting a credit on the 508's though.We still do on our 501.

Thanks Teehar, The 722 looks interesting because of the sling adaptor. I think the wife would -really- like that. The only thing is I don't really have a use for the second (SD) tv tuner output, and worried that would put me over the 6 receiver or tuner limit (one 722 and five ViP 612 receivers).

I have been getting a $12.00 credit since Dish increased the 508 receiver fees and imposed a $6.00 DVR fee, which really helps when my bill (before credit) is $174.00.

Thanks Teehar, The 722 looks interesting because of the sling adaptor. I think the wife would -really- like that. The only thing is I don't really have a use for the second (SD) tv tuner output, and worried that would put me over the 6 receiver or tuner limit (one 722 and five ViP 612 receivers).

I have been getting a $12.00 credit since Dish increased the 508 receiver fees and imposed a $6.00 DVR fee, which really helps when my bill (before credit) is $174.00.

Unless the policy has changed you can have more than 6 tuners per account if they are owned.If they are leased 6 tuners is the limit.

The only receivers that would make a big difference then would be the dual tuner 2 tv type.The 625 sd/622/722/722k if you have more than one would run $17 per month.

I am paying now
HD/SD (2TV) Receiver
$14.00
DVR Service
$6.00
Protection Plan
$6.00
HD 250 Free ($10/Mo)
$0.00
HD Receiver
$7.00
HD Receiver
$7.00

I have one 722K 222k 2 211s......If I were to take one 211 off and replace it with a 722K
would I pay another $14/mth for new 722K so $7 more a month than I pay now?

I lease the first 722K and 222K but own the others

Thanks

Last edited:
I am paying now
HD/SD (2TV) Receiver
$14.00
DVR Service
$6.00
Protection Plan
$6.00
HD 250 Free ($10/Mo)
$0.00
HD Receiver
$7.00
HD Receiver
$7.00

I have one 722K 222k 2 211s......If I were to take one 211 off and replace it with a 722K
would I pay another $14/mth for new 722K so $7 more a month than I pay now?

I lease the first 722K and 222K but own the others

Thanks

If you replaced a 211 with a 722 then your bill would go up $10 per month.The 211 is $7 a second 722 is $17.So a difference of $10.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)