Charged Twice for HBO for 2 receivers??

HeavyC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
I was told by the CSR that I would be charged the HBO price twice. Once for each receiver in my house. Is that correct?

Yeah, that's what I thought. I told her I only wanted it on one TV if that's the case. I'm thinking she probably didn't know what she was talking about. Anyone else in here actually have the HBO package?

HeavyC said:
Yeah, that's what I thought. I told her I only wanted it on one TV if that's the case. I'm thinking she probably didn't know what she was talking about. Anyone else in here actually have the HBO package?

Call back and ask for someone else. She does not know what she is talking about. The mirror charge should cover every receiver.

Well after I got off the phone, I called Customer Service back and they were quick to correct the CSR. Actually the Customer Service line was much nicer. I could actually clearly here the guy talking to me. When I called to order the CSR was speaking really quietly and there was a lot of static and background noise. Also, her computer was taking forever to process my order.

Anyway, I'm all signed up now. My install is set for May 7th from 8 - 12. I'm doing the $0 Down, No Contract, Rental agreement with the basic package for 40 a month. I'm renting two receivers and I went ahead and added the HBO package. I'll be paying about 18 bucks more a month then I was for Dish Network, but I figure it's worth it for the HD material. If I don't like it, I can always quit and it's no skin off my nose. I'm looking forward to VOOM.

What is the additional cost of adding the HBO package? Gotta have The Sopranos :)

Lob

Renting Two Recievers, The Mirroring Fee, The Basic Package, HBO, and Taxes should run me about 85 a month by my calculation.

(19.80) + (5.00) + (39.90) + (14.99) + (5.00) = $84.69

That's a good deal for all the HD and not having to buy anything up front. If the service continues to improve, I'll probably look into actually purchasing the software eventually. I'm paying like an extra 20 bucks a month over Dish (but I figure that's just the cost of the receivers).

I'm giving up Cinemax (really only watch HBO), TechTV (I'll survive), and my Bulls games (we'll have to see how long I can go without them). However, if they can get the local DT stations to work and my wife can finally get a good picture on the local stations it will be worth all the money.

HeavyC said:
Renting Two Recievers, The Mirroring Fee, The Basic Package, HBO, and Taxes should run me about 85 a month by my calculation.

That's a good deal for all the HD and not having to buy anything up front. If the service continues to improve, I'll probably look into actually purchasing the software eventually. I'm paying like an extra 20 bucks a month over Dish (but I figure that's just the cost of the receivers).

I'm giving up Cinemax (really only watch HBO), TechTV (I'll survive), and my Bulls games (we'll have to see how long I can go without them). However, if they can get the local DT stations to work and my wife can finally get a good picture on the local stations it will be worth all the money.

I get vavavoom with 2 rented recievers and it runs 107 and change.

I thought about VaVa Voom, but I'd like to keep it under 100 bucks. 85 is right about my limit for what I want to spend. Eventually, I'd like to own the equipment if the service turns out to be something I want to stick with.

Is this a rental program on the box? Or is it a lease program? Do we earn any kind of credits towards eventually owning equipment?

wasch_24 said:
Even SD digital programming over the air is better in PQ than most SD Voom channels.
SD picture quality OTA is as good as you can get. SAme for HD.If the local affiliate is giving you full bandwidth HD then there is no better method to recieve it period.

HeavyC said:

actually it will be (9.50)+(9.50)+(5.00)+(39.90)+(14.90)+franchise fee(3.82) I think = 78.80

mine with vavavoom and 2 rented recievers is as follows:

NEW CHARGESPartial Month Charges
04/01 - 04/30/04 VOOM IRD Rental = $9.50
04/01 - 04/30/04 1 additional VOOM IRD Rental @ $9.50 = $9.50
04/01 - 04/30/04 MULTIRD = $0.00
04/01 - 04/30/04 1 additional MULTIRD @ $5.00 = $5.00
04/01 - 04/30/04 Va Va VOOM = $79.90
04/01 - 04/30/04 1 additional Va Va VOOM @ $0.00= $0.00
One-Time Charges
04/01/042 VOOM IRD = $0.00
Fees And Taxes
04/02/04 FRANCH FEE EQUIP/SMT/REM = $3.82
Total New Charges (including taxes) = $107.72
Total New Balance = $107.72

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)