Charlie Brown and other old Cartoons

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
it was the great pumpkin charlie brown ( I watched) you can actually buy a really nice three pack of the charlie brown cartoons....I miss those things!

Our paper runs the "Peanuts" strip from 28 years ago (so the days and dates match up). Today's had a classic punchline with Charlie Brown saying, "my stomach hurts"
cp.68eb4afae91461e3acd5fe8755413462

I feel sorry for kids these days they never get to see really good cartoons like I seen when I was growing up. I'm only 23, and there are lots of classic cartoons that came and went before my time that I never got to see. It almost makes me want to buy the DVDs of some of the good ones, if I can find them anywhere.

A bunch of the old WB (that's Bugs Bunny & Co.) are tough to find. I suspect that the PC movement has killed a lot of the old classics off. They are deemed to contain too much violence, etc.

To me there was nothing that said Christmas more then sitting down and watching the Christmas special such as Rudolph, Frosty the Snowman and the Charlie Brown Christmas special.

Now it seems these classics have fallen by the wayside.

And when they do air they don't seem the same because they don't have the York Peppermint Patty ads. :D

I miss the good ole days.

I did get the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and Christmas specials on DVD for this very reason. That is my favorite holiday cartoon to watch.

I had several paperback books with Charlie Brown strips when I was a kid... Calvin and Hobbes, Bloom County and the Far Side were favorite newspaper comics not that long ago... and as stated the PC movement killed or severly maimed alot of the good old Cartoons like Bugs Bunny/ Road Runner etc...

Yep - go out and look for the DVDs. We bought them 2 years ago to be sure our boys got to experience them. Was just talking to one of their friends that was over yesterday (they are 6) and kidded with him if he saw the Great Pumpkin. He had no idea what I was talking about - poor kid :no

dfergie said:
I had several paperback books with Charlie Brown strips when I was a kid... Calvin and Hobbes, Bloom County and the Far Side were favorite newspaper comics not that long ago... and as stated the PC movement killed or severly maimed alot of the good old Cartoons like Bugs Bunny/ Road Runner etc...

He he, who can't love a cartoon where the cross-dressing rabbit woos the hunter then instead of kissing him hits him in the puss with a cream pie. Yuck yuck yuck... :D

I have the DVD's but they are missing the classic commercials. :) York Peppermint Patties, Dolly Madisons, McDonnald, Toys are Us.

How I long for some of the sights and sounds of the past.

Scott Greczkowski said:
To me there was nothing that said Christmas more then sitting down and watching the Christmas special such as Rudolph, Frosty the Snowman and the Charlie Brown Christmas special.

Now it seems these classics have fallen by the wayside.

And when they do air they don't seem the same because they don't have the York Peppermint Patty ads. :D

I miss the good ole days.

ABC Family usually runs a 2 hour block each night of these classic Christmas shows in December.

Tootsie Pop has been running the Owl and how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop ads lately. My kids love that commerical.

I completely forgot about the Owl ad - I'm sure the boys would love that one. All I hear about now is Geico - not sure if it is the lizard or the word but it's sticking with them

If you have cable or sat then you can watch the Boom channel which plays all of the classic cartoons. They even have nights when they concentrate on certain years like the 70's or 80's, etc... If my 3 year old isn't watching Noggin then he's watching Boom...
His most favorites are Tom & Jerry and Scooby-Doo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)