X-Box 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 11, 2003
Well it won't be long now until the new X-Box comes out. Will you be getting one? I won't because it cost too much and I'm really not into games anymore other than football and hockey. Perhaps I'm growing out of them or they aren't as fun as the older 8 and 16 bit and even 32 bit games were. Many of the games aren't very fun to play IMO compared to the 8, 16, and 32 bit classics. Sports games however are much better. I'd rather play the 8-bit Bionic Commando than anything new today.

$399 wouldn't be bad if they included the hard drive for that price because memory cards suck big time. But $599 is out of my price range since I had to buy a new PC.

I would love to have one but for the money - I just can't justify that much for a game console. I used to love playing but just can't find the time and don't want to dish out that much for the kids. I figured this Christmas I could get them a Gamecube for about $100-$150 with a couple of games and it would be all brand new. They are 6 so next year or after when the 360 price drops below $200, I will then look into it. + without Halo 3, why bother!

I got to play with an XBOX 360 last night, and got to admit, other then the better picture it felt like I was playing a regular XBOX.

I was expecting more. But still we are looking forward to getting it.

I was in Wally World yesterday and they had one on display, I liked the look but I cant see spending that kind of money for one. I will wait till after the holidays then I will think about it once the price comes down a bit.

i say the 360 today in walmart. the game was call of duty. it looked good, but i agree, it did not look like something that is a generation better.

ive had mine on preorder sence july.. Im stoked about playing it... from what i was told the units that got shipped to retailers for display wasnt full spec. dont know how true it is or isnt..

Scott Greczkowski said:
I got to play with an XBOX 360 last night, and got to admit, other then the better picture it felt like I was playing a regular XBOX.

I was expecting more. But still we are looking forward to getting it.

Which game(s) did you play?

I've played a few big titles (got a couple of friends in the industry) and there's definitely an improvement, but we have to remember that even though this is a 'next gen' platform, the game devs will require a least another year or two to take full advantage of the new hardware and all its capabilities.

Now... I have to admit this... HD looks better than ever on the Xbox 360.

Roger said:
Well it won't be long now until the new X-Box comes out. Will you be getting one? I won't because it cost too much and I'm really not into games anymore other than football and hockey. Perhaps I'm growing out of them or they aren't as fun as the older 8 and 16 bit and even 32 bit games were. Many of the games aren't very fun to play IMO compared to the 8, 16, and 32 bit classics. Sports games however are much better. I'd rather play the 8-bit Bionic Commando than anything new today.

$399 wouldn't be bad if they included the hard drive for that price because memory cards suck big time. But $599 is out of my price range since I had to buy a new PC.

The $399 one includes a 20GB hard drive, a wireless controller and the media center remote.

Theres more than just the two standard versions out, theres a platinum package with the hard drive, 2 wireless controllers, dvd remote package, xbox live for a year, wifi kit, headset, and several games that Ive seen listed on ebay about a week ago. But it now was set at $1,245 and the bid was $200 below that.

Xbox 360 comes in 2 flavors, period.

Other bundles that stores are putting together aren't official, and i've seen them as far as $12,000 with HDTV sets included with them.

If you walk into Walmart on launch day, it'll cost you $299 for a core system or $399 for a full system. That's your option

Games look great, and 360 is more about making the games play better and work more connected, it's not so much about being prettier anymore. I realize ps3 can work from that stance because ps2 gamers don't know what pretty games are like, but xbox gamers have been playing jaggy-free, load-time reduced games for 4 years, we can't be impressed by some pretty graphics anymore. We're used to them, that's the difference between 360 and ps3. PS3 shows killzone, which looks good, but the original killzone played like crap. Who cares if the game is good looking if it plays like trash. People would buy Metal Gear 4 regardless of what it looked like.

It's nice to see sony join everyone else in the graphics department, but they make the cheapest hardware and I'm less likely to get a ps3 because of it. I'm not spending 500 bucks on something that will work for a year. I no longer think i'm getting a 360 at launch but we'll see.

Purogamer got it right.

There'll be only two 'packages' available... the 'Core' and the 'Premium', now known as 'The System'.

The only game on xbox that I played wich was close to flawless was halo 1, outside of the halo series the games on xbox as compared to ps2 vary as to wich plays them better. Ive been playing burnout revenge and there are bugs in the game and the system isnt %100 stable when loading the game. As for the quality of hardware thats just suggestive that sony uses mediocre componants and xbox uses something better, my ps2 has been knocked off the tv and a dresser by as much as 5 feet a good dozen times and still works as it did the day I bought it. My xbox is the second one Ive had with the original that locked up and had disc read errors, it wasnt from the batch that was found to be bad either. Graphics wise I still preffer the ps2 over the xbox for it being smooth looking with xbox a close second, as for controllers I like xbox over ps2 for ease of use but the ps2 has the better sized controller to hold in your hands. Ps2 takes the cake when it comes to being able to play dvd's and cd's without having to go out and buy more gear to play them like you have to with xbox. Ps2 also has the new slim wich makes it my choice for road trips and the built in nic is an added bonus to.

well My PS2 and PSP are up for sale, I am getting the xbox 360 I made my decision today, I say we get a satelliteguys game night or something of that flavor what do you think??

korsjs said:
do you really feel the graphics on the ps2 are better than the xbox?
yea I do, the graphics to me seem to be a bit better than that of the xbox wich doesnt surprise me since sony is does make good in display quality.

Van said:
yea I do, the graphics to me seem to be a bit better than that of the xbox wich doesnt surprise me since sony is does make good in display quality.

have you seen any of the games designed for xbox? i was surprised to see someone say the ps2 has better graphics. i do agree that there are instances that a game looks better on ps2, for example, when a port is not done properly but that is not very often. the biggest think that annoys me when i see a ps2 game is the jaggie edges. take grand theft auto games, and look at the characters. they look horrible compared to some of the games for xbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts