Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
SatelliteGuys.US :flag:
Charlie Chat Caps & Bytes

Hosts: Charlie Ergen & Jim DeFranco
Charlie & Jim.JPG
Opens with: Dish You a Merry Christmas (employees singing)

Charlie, Jim & Candy Ergen briefly chat then goes into clips then celebrity's wishing Dish a Happy 30th Birthday.

Guest: Dan Rather

Skype Callers

Featured Video via Skype: Scott Greczkowski from SatelliteGuys
Scott.JPG

Where Dish Network is Going

TV Everywhere

Dish.com/TV Everywhere

New Channel: Movieplex

Get Connected (to Broadband)

Google TV Clip

e-Mails:

3D? Get 722k or 922

Oprah? In Discussions, not yet.

Free Previews
December Free Previews.JPG
Nickel PPV's
Nickel Movies.JPG
Go to dish.com25 days

Holiday Music

Attachments

• Clip 1.JPG
    Clip 1.JPG
    164.4 KB · Views: 432
  • Clip.JPG
    Clip.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 431
  • Candy Ergen.JPG
    Candy Ergen.JPG
    210.8 KB · Views: 405
  • E1.JPG
    E1.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 367
  • 14 Million.JPG
    14 Million.JPG
    168 KB · Views: 379
  • 1 Million.JPG
    1 Million.JPG
    177.8 KB · Views: 389
  • First.JPG
    First.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 383
  • Clip 2.JPG
    Clip 2.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 449
  • Echosphere.JPG
    Echosphere.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 394
  • Fireside.JPG
    Fireside.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 360
  • Dan Rather.JPG
    Dan Rather.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 359
  • Scott Grecskowski.mp3
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,985
  • Scott on Skype.JPG
    Scott on Skype.JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 397
  • TV Everywhere.mp3
    1.2 MB · Views: 165
  • Wireless1.JPG
    Wireless1.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 601
  • Powerline.JPG
    Powerline.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 539
  • Get Connected.JPG
    Get Connected.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 600
  • Get Connected 1.JPG
    Get Connected 1.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 538
  • Movieplex 377.JPG
    Movieplex 377.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 518
  • Powerline 1.JPG
    Powerline 1.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 467
  • Wireless.JPG
    Wireless.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 456
  • Google TV Apps.JPG
    Google TV Apps.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 475
  • Google TV Search.JPG
    Google TV Search.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 455
  • Google TV Dish.JPG
    Google TV Dish.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 424
  • Holiday Mix.JPG
    Holiday Mix.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 317
Last edited:
was there any announcements of any kind or anything special on charlie chat tonight?will you have recap of show on here on what happened on charlie chat?ty for any replies:)

Same old Charlie chat. Charlie basically said your a fool for buying a 3d set as new chips are being developed. Next year sets will be better. The new receivers will have the new 3d chips and if you have 3d now you will have to update in order to get the benefit of the new chips.

Same old Charlie chat. Charlie basically said your a fool for buying a 3d set as new chips are being developed. Next year sets will be better. The new receivers will have the new 3d chips and if you have 3d now you will have to update in order to get the benefit of the new chips.
Which means once again, you need to pay a high amount to have the latest buggy high tech receiver. I have heard this come out of Charlie's mouth more than once over the years. The new" chip set" is where it's at.

Yeah, and glasses-less (that IS a word ain't it?) 3D will be out next year............:rolleyes::p No way Charlie. Folks with D* have been enjoying 3D on 3 channels for over 6 months. I'd be calling 'em today but unfortunately my dish needs to be roof-mounted & there's no way I'd expect an installer to do that now 'cause of the snow/ice. I may have to wait 'til spring now.:(

Ed

It wasnt the most informative Charlie Chat last night, but I really liked the look back over 30 years. The production of the video was really well done and showed some of the great (and not so great) milestones and Charlie Chat highlights.

I found Dan Rather Interesting and I bet he has some amazing stories to tell.

The guy after Dan Rather was good too. :)

Honestly they asked me on Friday since it was their 30 Birthday Party if I would like to be on the show. I agreed and knew since Friday I was going to be on. I however did not know what we were going to be talking about or what I was going to ask. (and they had no idea what I was going to ask) I could have hammered them on a few things but in the spirit of the show I went with the question that I asked which actually seemed to fit in well with the broadcast.

As some of you know we have done a couple of "In Person" Charlie Chats which I have moderated. These surprise chats were attended by a number of SatelliteGuys members and were well received by everyone including Charlie and a number of other DISH execs. It is my dream (ok Christmas wish) to do a radio version of a Charlie Chat with Charlie and just do an hour of questions with Charlie and some of his other executives. I would love to not only pick their brains and get insight of why they do some of the things they do, but also take questions from members for the guys as well. I think personally the questions from members would NOT be live just because in doing such a chat there are SEC concerns so no talk about stock prices, earnings etc and in addition wouldn't want rude questions or comments to get through. (Not that some are not deserved, but I want this to be a professional discussion.I personally do not agree with everything DISH does but I still feel they deserve respect... and would offer the same to any other company including Directv)

I would also during the broadcast to hear some stories from Charlie and the guys which have not been shared publiclly before so you guys can see the satellite world from their prospective. It is something I will talk with Charlie about at CES.

I just read the transcript from last nights Holiday Party Chat and smiled when I saw the reaction from everyone in there when I appeared on screen. :)

Thank you guys for all your support! Merry Christmas!

Scott, when you asked them about the future of Dish, they mentioned being able to pick what you watch in terms of channels. Have any more insight with that? Of everything I get asked as a tech, everyone wants to know why they cant build their own package.

Caps and Bytes are nice, but... Why doesn't Dish put up every Charlie Chat ever produced on Dishonline.com? Are they too embarassed?

Dennis,

Its called the everything package, because it takes just about everything from your Bank Account every month to pay for it ;>.

I'm really disappointed with Dish, as in the past Everything customers didn't have to pay a DVR fee, and there were other perks as well. Since last spring though when Dish canceled that perk and jacked receiver fees, to upto $17 per each extra receiver, I have paired down my programing. Soon I will only have 2 extra receivers instead of 4 and at the cheapest core package, with no premiums. I'm still upset over the loss of MSG on Dish.

I currently have DirecTV as well, and I can say DirecTV's HD PQ trumps Dish's HD, although I wish I DirecTV had several HD channels Dish doesn't mainly DIY HD, BBC America HD, and EPIX.

John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts