Charlie Chat Hd Predictions

I only need 1 to be happy: SciFi, but SpeedHD and USA would help too, especially if the 4400 is in HD this season, assuming there is a season.

Ted

My prediction is that Charlie will announce a roll-out of east coast local stations in the near term and a lineup of 20 or so National HD channels that will be available May 21, 2008, the Wednesday before Memorial Day, assuming that the satellite launch goes as planned. He also might talk about the way the packages will break out on those days.

No new National HD before then. I would love to be wrong. I would love to see Speed in HD and Spike HD, and my kids would love to see Sci-fi. But there is no reason to think it is going to happen before AMC14 is put into place.

If they were going to launch those channels before AMC14, they would have by now. There is no extra capacity that exists today that did not exist months ago.

My prediction is that Charlie will announce a roll-out of east coast local stations in the near term and a lineup of 20 or so National HD channels that will be available May 21, 2008, the Wednesday before Memorial Day, assuming that the satellite launch goes as planned. He also might talk about the way the packages will break out on those days.

No new National HD before then. I would love to be wrong. I would love to see Speed in HD and Spike HD, and my kids would love to see Sci-fi. But there is no reason to think it is going to happen before AMC14 is put into place.

If they were going to launch those channels before AMC14, they would have by now. There is no extra capacity that exists today that did not exist months ago.

If he announces a date for anything launched in hd that is dependent on the success of the next sat. would be a big mistake. I wouldn't look for a date.

Unless of course SciFi signed some sort of exclusivity agreement when Direct came on board that Direct insisted upon where SciFi could not sign up with Dish until a certain date.

They have channels uplinked, just not turned on, so there is space. It has to be contract negotiations that is keeping them at bay.

OK, ok, all the cynicism here is perfectly justifiable, but I am going to go out on a limb and predict SCI FI - HD with a launch date in time for the new season of Battlestar Galactica is announced. It just makes way too much sense. To have a main character as a guest for that show for a channel they've been carrying in SD without any major change while their arch rival has it in HD would be silly, and what I would consider a marketing blunder.

One other thing, remember when they did the same thing with Kim Catrell from Sex and the City? They oogled over her, and it was pretty embarrassing, but I can't remember if that was just because the show was being added to TBS or was it also because Dish was now carrying TBS in HD? I may have just invalidated my whole argument with that question, but even if it wasn't in conjunction with carrying TBS-HD, it was still a new show to the network. Battlestar Galactica is not new to SCI-FI.
Anyway, there's my thinking.

I only need 1 to be happy: SciFi, but SpeedHD and USA would help too, especially if the 4400 is in HD this season, assuming there is a season.

Ted

I agree that SciFi would buy Dish another 6 months in my eyes, but USA would be greatly appreciated as well.

I also think that having her on tonight without announcing scifi hd would be the worst marketing move (this month at least). Can you imagine the firestorm if they simply highlight the UHD marathons coming up and don't address season 4 in HD?

Sgt. Schultz: "I see nothing. I hear nothing. I know nothing."

Charlie: "You hear nothing. You know nothing. You see nothing."

Sorry to be sarcastic, but that does seem to be the M.O.

What do you think will happen on the next Charlie Chat.

I think they will both Stutter & Stammer even more than they normally do. There will be no focusing on anything except her during that segment for sure. Maybe Charlie will be distracted and something will slip out of his mouth that wasn't suppose to. (and I hope it's not his tongue.)

Ted

Unfortunately, the last thing I read was The 4400 was canned and Monk and Psych were moving to NBC Primetime Broadcast from USA.

Unfortunately, the last thing I read was The 4400 was canned and Monk and Psych were moving to NBC Primetime Broadcast from USA.

Apparently you are correct. I missed that somewhere. Crap! Well, I guess I no longer need USA-HD.

Ted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)