Charlie Chat Monday Night

Didn't see anything from the Chat on Davenport HD locals. Did you hear anything more?
I Skype'ed the show and asked about the Davenport HD locals and they responded by saying that was a good question and did I have a camera so that I could ask that on the air. But never got on. I'm not sure that the left hand knows what right hand is doing at Dish!!

Well, where's the company educating its employees on that? Why does the customer know more? I mean, hello! I'm not paying Dish $200 a month to sit on its ass! I could see, maybe another company's product and how they work, But This is actual DishNetwork products. The people WHO WORK FOR THE COMPANY SHOULD BE EDUCATED ABOUT ITS OWN PRODUCTS. PLAIN and SIMPLE! How hard is that to understand?

Hm I can't help but say something cause I work for Dish, I know about the channels added and I'd like to think I know more than the average customer when it comes to the product but ya gotta understand that if you knew how low the pay was and how the techs and workers the company is treating then you would likely understand that most if not all are just trying to get by. I'm out in the field as a tech and its hard enough to do the installs and try to make it home at a decent hour(yes I have a home to go to just like all those customers do) but then you have a office/dispatch trying to throw more jobs at you that they say dish is requiring them to toss out from keeping the how you say it.. "Window open". Its not a easy job and by no means do they tell us everything, just the basics on a inspection sheet to get the install passed and to explain the basics of the operation. If a customer wants to learn more and I have a few mins then ok, but I can't stand there explaining every thing in full detail since time is money, and people just don't understand this sometimes and can really hold up a tech.

Simple.. its no disrespect but we do what we can do with what we have.

Hm I can't help but say something cause I work for Dish, I know about the channels added and I'd like to think I know more than the average customer when it comes to the product but ya gotta understand that if you knew how low the pay was and how the techs and workers the company is treating then you would likely understand that most if not all are just trying to get by. I'm out in the field as a tech and its hard enough to do the installs and try to make it home at a decent hour(yes I have a home to go to just like all those customers do) but then you have a office/dispatch trying to throw more jobs at you that they say dish is requiring them to toss out from keeping the how you say it.. "Window open". Its not a easy job and by no means do they tell us everything, just the basics on a inspection sheet to get the install passed and to explain the basics of the operation. If a customer wants to learn more and I have a few mins then ok, but I can't stand there explaining every thing in full detail since time is money, and people just don't understand this sometimes and can really hold up a tech.

Simple.. its no disrespect but we do what we can do with what we have.

You are over worked... You make my point even more! Dishnetwork needs to hire more people, educate them, and not sit on their ass pushing work to its current employees! Look at Charlie himself, how much did he make last year? Someone remind me, how much? And its because of people like you, who are over worked that make his job what it is today!

You are over worked... You make my point even more! Dishnetwork needs to hire more people, educate them, and not sit on their ass pushing work to its current employees! Look at Charlie himself, how much did he make last year? Someone remind me, how much? And its because of people like you, who are over worked that make his job what it is today!

I'm by far over worked...the point is we are UNDERPAID and UNDER APPRECIATED!! We shouldn't have to be educated on every single thing possible that people may ask, we have phone numbers you can call to get these answers. You have to remember all Techs are paid to get jobs done and done not only well and to spec but FAST! The faster we do them the more we make. The more time we spend trying to answer questions that may not have any thing to do with the current install or basic controls of the remote, the less we make and the less time we have for our own lives. Most of the questions many people ask are in the manuals or found very quickly online through Dish's website but people are ..say it with me "LAZY!!!" they would rather a tech waste their time explaining stuff to someone that most likely will forget it after they leave and drive off than open the manual or sign on to a website. :rolleyes:

can't believe they wasted a whole hour and didn't address the tivo issue-if only to re-assure customers not to panic that they will not lose their dvr service. The Charlie Chat always has too many promos (pre-taped and never any good!) for programming that only a small portion of the audience will care about. They need to take more questions and address real issues

Last edited:
Charlie chat is a quarterly show featuing Charlie Ergen the CEO of DISH Network who takes questions from customers.

Before the show use to be mostly questions but has now involved to mostly marketing and hardly any questions.

Charlie chat is a quarterly show featuing Charlie Ergen the CEO of DISH Network who takes questions from customers.

Before the show use to be mostly questions but has now involved to mostly marketing and hardly any questions.

and the questions are highly screened to prevent anything unflattering from making it on the air. unlike the old days when customers would call with problems and charlies you asked for it you got it, actually got issues addressed.........

which helped make the company grow......

and the questions are highly screened to prevent anything unflattering from making it on the air. unlike the old days when customers would call with problems and charlies you asked for it you got it, actually got issues addressed.........

which helped make the company grow......
seeing how I was on live I wouldnt agree 100% about the pre-screening, sure I told them what I was going to ask, however once your on live you can say whatever you want and theres nothing they can do. Screened yes, highly screened I wouldnt go that far. They arent the CIA ;)

seeing how I was on live I wouldnt agree 100% about the pre-screening, sure I told them what I was going to ask, however once your on live you can say whatever you want and theres nothing they can do. Screened yes, highly screened I wouldnt go that far. They arent the CIA ;)

Remember who you are talking to...I mean it is bob so in his mind....:rolleyes:

Show is on delayed, bet if you mentioned something unpleasant you would never get on air.

Companies have time to drop in a pre recorded filler for such occasions.

If anyone has called and complained bet they never get on air.their account is likely marked with a skull and crossbones. like MINE:)

Last edited:

This was the first time and will be the last time I will watch Charlie Chat. All propaganda!

Show is on delayed, bet if you mentioned something unpleasant you would never get on air.

If anyone has called and complained bet they never get on air.their account is likely marked with a skull and crossbones. like MINE:)

Actually sparky, it's live. They sit down and do the show at 7:00 colorado time!

bull

U R full of SH** as usual.

Please rephrase that "full of SH**" to full of hot air, this is a family site.... :D

Now which end that hot air comes out of is a story of its own.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts