Charlie Chat Summary!

Yeah, a dumb leader who needs the people around him to do everything for him while he smiles for the camera and acts goofy...

...where have I seen that before...

...They don't take calls/emails because they always ask the same questions, that they either keep re-answering or keep saying "stay tuned" to, it's really pointless since they won't let any info out. I think we've got D* to blame for this as much as anyone. If they hadn't had problems with getting their satellites up (that thing up yet?), E* would have had to spill some beans by now...

The problem with charlie and jim as that they're two older guys, who can't answer the questions. Add a 3rd guy (on-screen) who's younger to field the tech questions and it would help tremendously. I'd prefer a really cute woman to do it but c'mon, that won't happen.

WHAT?! Really, that was the summary? LOL. Dizam, that was alot of wasted hard drive space. I'm just glad the 921 didn't freeze when I attempted to play it. Didn't even stick around to see it, falling asleep. Well, I guess it's a quick DELETE and move on; Along with nothing to look forward too. Thank you Charlie E and Jim DFrankferter, for absolutely nothing. Congrats on your business of 25 years, but you guys would be better off selling Hotdogs on Toronto street corners.

chiodo said:
A CEO who is clueless, no wonder Dish Net has so much trouble adding new channels, with most other corporations the CEO knows his/her corp extremeley well, scary thought for those who have stock in Dish Net.
Actually DISH is up around 10% in the last 6 weeks. Why? I got no clue, but it's definitely in breakout mode.

DISCLAIMER: I've lost a lot of money in the stock market - do NOT buy this stock based on anything I say.

You guys crack me up. Every month it's the same ol' same o crap and yet you sit glued to the tube just hoping Charlie say's something this month. Get a life guys, when there's news, it will be posted here first, not on a Chuckie Cheese Chat. :D

rocatman said:
In October instead of a Charlie or Tech Chat they will have a special: The Making of the Charlie Chat 25th Anniversary Show, A Behind the Scenes Look!!! :D

This will be on the Charlie Chat DVD box set due out in November, just in time for Christmas. Also included will be "Deleted Scenes", "Charlie Chat: the Early Years", with audio commentary by John Reardon and The Peanut Gallery audition tapes.

For some reason this system thinks I am including URL links so I will try this reply in small chunks, sorry!

I switched to Dish after Voom's death. Watching or at least fast forwarding throught the Charlie Chat made me wonder what it must be like in the boardroom and thank god (or did they claim responsibility for inventing it too) for my DVR. My favorite quote came at the end when Charlie asked if it was OK to drink on TV!

I am thankful to Charlie for helping save Voom but surely he must know that other than the congratulatory portions by their suppliers the production was incredibly inept! I don’t know if these events were ever worth watching but they certainly could be. How does one tell Charlie that he needs to have one of his knowledgeable and hopefully witty staff members, there must be at least one, perform the role of moderator/interviewer with some real content.

If Satellite Guys can produce it’s own broadcast, as I have read it will soon, perhaps they could entice Dish Network to allow one of the “Guys” to be the host for future Chat’s as well. There would be no need for inside information to be shared and discussion topics could be agreed upon in advance.

Come on Dish, without the contest no one would have kept viewing after the first five minutes! If nothing is done by Dish to improve on this concept they might as well kill it completely or continue to suffer from the inevitable criticism and I would hope embarrassment.

PS. Why the faulty URL link problem?

You want the CEO to answer basic programming questions?????

Why in the world would the CEO waste their time on that rot? You want a CEO who makes strategic decisions and sets a vision for a company. If you put Bill Gates on the Microsoft help desk, he'd make a fool of himself. This doesn't mean he isn't an extremely effective CEO. I bet Charlie slaps himself on the back every time he gets an answer right.

Charlie took a vision of a TV over satellite company, and built a multi-billion dollar empire, leaving many others in his wake. That he & Jim have a good ol' boy raw quality to them on the broadcasts is humorous. I like how they both still have a lot of enthusiasm for their industry after 25 years. Heck, if I had $7,000,000,000 in the bank, I wouldn't go on TV or keep bumping heads with Murdoch, I'd be kicking back at any one of 20 luxury condos that I owned, located in exotic locations around the world. All the time laughing at those who laughed at me.

The fact that the low-budget, cobbled together chats still continue is funny. They are a throw-back to Charlie & Jim's lowly beginnings, and really haven't progressed all that much over the years.

I don't why people tune in to them and think they are going to be some great source of information. Every once in a while, there is an interesting tidbit.

Why do we expect charlie to answer questions? Because charlie made a show called "Charlie CHAT" where he sits and fields questions. If jim is going to read them to charlie, shouldn't we expect charlie to answer? They're printed out, surely they could feed him something to say before the show, or in an ear-piece...

If charlie doesn't want to give out info, be like other CEO's and leave early instead of appearing on television.

You know you don't have to watch it. You can turn the channel.

I think I am going to come up with a generic response to a lot of posts where people whine to much.

Wahhh!!!!!

there that wasn't to hard.

It is just annoying to wade through posts of people crying about stupid things.

drosene said:
If Satellite Guys can produce it’s own broadcast, as I have read it will soon, perhaps they could entice Dish Network to allow one of the “Guys” to be the host for future Chat’s as well. There would be no need for inside information to be shared and discussion topics could be agreed upon in advance.
Great idea, I volunteer Scott. ;)

I really don't see why we need a chat, or a show for this Dr. Dish guy. We're going to READ all the info before hand anyways, isn't it overkill? The whole point of watching the chat is to catch some info that's not released yet as it slips out of chuck's mouth...

The show is billed as the CEO answering your questions. What's hard about that to understand? if he's not going to keep doing that, change the show.

I stopped watching the chats long ago.

They are more like a public access show whose quality is worse than something a high school video class would throw together.

The trouble is, management keeps suggesting that significant technical information will be presented and that simply rarely happens. This is what really disappoints people.

The concept that the honcho can come down from the tower and "chat" with all his subjects is becoming rather quaint and silly to some extent.

I vote that the next show be entitled "Charlie on Crack". If Dish isn't going to give us any useful information on these chats, at least they could make them more entertaining. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)