Charlie Chat Tonight

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Not that they are known for their accuracy, wikipedia claims that TruTV IS in HD.
truTV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It's not sourced, so take it with a grain of salt.

I like that AVS forum chart I linked above, because it's based on actual reports from viewers. While they list channels in yellow that have been "announced", anything in green has actually been reported as on the air.

It's updated pretty regularly...they've added Logo & BET-J, showing on DISH only. Of course, those channels haven't even really launched yet, but the chart is based on viewer reports. So it won't let us know whether there is really a truTV-HD or TCM-HD, but it will let us know if some cable company CLAIMS to have it.

I think the biggest news was that if you have a missing network, either by disagreement, by your DMA just not having one or you are out of ota range, you can get a distant network through AAD beginning Saturday.

I don't suppose this will apply to Dish putting the HD locals on a spotbeam that doesn't cover the entire DMA. Does anyone know differently?

I like that AVS forum chart I linked above, because it's based on actual reports from viewers. While they list channels in yellow that have been "announced", anything in green has actually been reported as on the air.

It's updated pretty regularly...

Sorry, but you cannot say "AVS Forum" and "updated pretty regularly" together. ;)

At one point, their list of Dish Network HD Channels was 18 months behind. :eek:

Good point, but that not the example the other guy gave.

I live in Arizona. If ESPN is airing a Diamondbacks game and they have the rights to air it nationwide, then why would FSAZ even bother to show up?
Some games are bought and sold on an individual basis, particularly in the case of rivalries. I've had plenty of times where I've had to inform someone that the game they were looking for was blacked out on their RSN simply because ESPN or some other station was carrying it.

I think all you'll have to say is that you are unable to receive an acceptable signal. The AAD criteria will likely be posted on Saturday.

I am just curious, even though I know the answer is no, but wouldn't it be possible to make the distants available to prepaid customers, since their locals can't be made available since dish really has no idea where the boxes are?

All you give is a zip code(although now, after the G3 switchover, you gave a name, address, zip code, and I think phone number, but I can't be sure for a "shell" account, not a real one. No SS# or CC# needed).

But it would seem like they should make those available to customers who are willing to prepay for locals out of NY, or wherever. Just wondered.

I think the biggest news was that if you have a missing network, either by disagreement, by your DMA just not having one or you are out of ota range, you can get a distant network through AAD beginning Saturday.

THE RULES CHANGE with the digital transition.

Sort of like Charlie saying screw you to Fisher Broadcasting.

If your local station plays too much hardball Charlie does an alley-oop over their head.

I can get my locals via Dish, but they are in SD. They do have my locals in HD but I am out of their spotbeam and I can not get them via OTA. it has been this way for half a year. They have sent 3 techs and they can not do anything.

Do I qualify for something?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)