Charlie Chat Tonight

Please Charlie Light Up My Locals
5270(13) - WMBB [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 16 Spotbeam 51 (NA)(Panama City, FL-ABC)
5272(7) - WJHG [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 16 Spotbeam 51 (NA)(Panama City, FL-NBC)
5273(28) - WPGX [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 16 Spotbeam 51 (NA)(Panama City, FL-FOX):)

If they are already uplinked to Ciel-2, then the only obstacle is contracts with the stations, so you should be contacting the channels and not Charlie. If those channels are willing to accept the same fee as every other ABC, NBC and FOX channel on Dish, then Dish would be happy to turn it on ASAP.

If they are already uplinked to Ciel-2, then the only obstacle is contracts with the stations, so you should be contacting the channels and not Charlie. If those channels are willing to accept the same fee as every other ABC, NBC and FOX channel on Dish, then Dish would be happy to turn it on ASAP.
Dish said that Panama City would light up sometime in the summer. It was on the retailer chat, correct me if I'm wrong but I would have thought they worked all that out when they made the announcement. Maybe something happened. I do have to admit, some of the locals are broadcasting at half power for the analog signal. But that will end this week.

Thanks for the heads up, I was just under the impression when they are up linked it was up to Dish to light them up.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 173
Dish said that Panama City would light up sometime in the summer. It was on the retailer chat, correct me if I'm wrong but I would have thought they worked all that out when they made the announcement. Maybe something happened. I do have to admit, some of the locals are broadcasting at half power for the analog signal. But that will end this week.

Thanks for the heads up, I was just under the impression when they are up linked it was up to Dish to light them up.

The other possibility is that they are still installing a connection from the station to the uplink center on one of the channels...

The other possibility is that they are still installing a connection from the station to the uplink center on one of the channels...

Thanks kstuart. I would not put it past Dish to negotiate on the fly. Do you think that because my locals are still broadcasting at half power for analog has anything to do with the delay? Just curious I really don't know, maybe I'll get surprised after the chat tonight.

:D

Just because there is an entry in the channel tables for the channels you want does not mean the locals are actually there and working yet.

Just because there is an entry in the channel tables for the channels you want does not mean the locals are actually there and working yet.

Digi,

If I'm understanding you correctly, the fact that these channels were up linked and stated in the retailer chat (this summer) means I'm no closer? I thought this was the last phase before they were made available.

Originally Posted by joecap1946
Please Charlie Light Up My Locals
5270(13) - WMBB [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 16 Spotbeam 51 (NA)(Panama City, FL-ABC)
5272(7) - WJHG [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 16 Spotbeam 51 (NA)(Panama City, FL-NBC)
5273(28) - WPGX [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 16 Spotbeam 51 (NA)(Panama City, FL-FOX):)

Sorry for the confusion. Just looking for a shot at getting these :), or is it the old "SOON" dish saying.

Thanks Digi

Digi,

If I'm understanding you correctly, the fact that these channels were up linked and stated in the retailer chat (this summer) means I'm no closer? I thought this was the last phase before they were made available

Certainly a step in the right direction. This is the final phase visible to the Dish sub (beyond analyzing the signal for bandwidth use), but not the final phase. Dish has to get the signal to the uplink center, the signal to the sat, and a contract signed, none of which the uplink report will tell us.

Someone ought to call in like last time from this site and try to get through. Maybe you can ask the fate of Turbo or if it will ever get the proper HD channels associated with it. I don't have Turbo, but I feel bad for those who do and who were told they'd get all the HD added.

My guess is that you'd have to call in with a different topic to start and throw it in at the end.

Actually Dish has usually been pretty good about carrying the Turner HD channels when they lauch. They carried TNT-HD on launch day. They Carried TBS-HD only a few weeks after it launched (story to that one), and the rest came around in short order.

Tuner Networks does not have a very good history of presenting HD material on their HD channels. TNT was really bad at first with HD shows being shown stretched and in SD, but called "HD". Same with TBS and Cartoon Network. CNN I think was done just fine.

I fear that TCM would get the "streched" treatment for months if not year to come.

Insiders are indicating that though there will be some upconversion, TCM HD will retain OAR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)