Charlie Chat Tonight!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I've learned not to be too optimistic with these Charlie chats. We hope and hope and hope, only to be disappointed. So these days i'm only optimistic about my bill cause' I KNOW that's coming.

(I would like Universal HD too, for the record. :) )

Scott Greczkowski said:
Don't forget with all the goings on tonight we will also be holding our World Famous Charlie Chat... Chat! :)

So the question is asked what will Charlie talk about tonight?

Will he mention CSTV? How about Comcast Chicago?

Will the 921 get talked about? How about the OTA Guide Data issue on the 921?

Will any SatelliteGuys get on the air and talk to Charlie?

What do you think will be discussed on tonight's Charlie Chat?

Scott testing the chat room all I get right now is a large SUN micro logo thing is that all I should see till tonite?

thanks

Trido

n0qcu said:
I agree.
I also like that on some of the Canadian channels you can see shows the day before they air here. :D

yep. Since there are only 2 stations that show US programs (CTV & Global/CH), when there is conflicting info, they move it a day early :)

Some areas have only CBC & CTV so it makes it real interesting (Thunder Bay CTV shows Global stuff and moves its CTV stuff to CBC)

I watched my first "Charlie Chat" tonight. . . man, was that the lamest excuse for a program that I have ever seen! Pathetic.

shouldn't have had your hopes so high ;)

Hope you were in our chat though, cause that sure was fun!

Scott Greczkowski said:
Don't forget with all the goings on tonight we will also be holding our World Famous Charlie Chat... Chat! :)

...?
Do you have a summary of what was said yet?

There is a recap of the Charlie Chat over at DBSTalk, but note the mention of SatelliteGuys in the first phone call was not mentioned in the recap at all. Guess they only report what they want to and not what was actually said.

It was funny I was in their chat room and they had 34 members in the chat and they called that their largest chat ever which is not true, they had larger chants when I was with DBSTalk.

And for those who missed it their giveaway for the DVR is Wednesday night at 6pm Central Time. :)

Hey one thing they didn't mention on tonight's chat was the fact we will be losing CNN/FN CNN International on December 15th.

I wonder why they didn't mention it.

Scott Greczkowski said:
There is a recap of the Charlie Chat over at DBSTalk, but note the mention of SatelliteGuys in the first phone call was not mentioned in the recap at all. Guess they only report what they want to and not what was actually said.
It isn't a word for word transcript.

So, did the caller ask the screener the MPEG4 question and get through or did they use a bluff question? It seems like the filters were off for this chat. A lot of decent questions getting on air.

They probably should run a FAQ segment at the beginning of the show:
Oxygen - Love it, but not enough demand for it at this time
HD - not enough unique true HD content to add new channels
They could probably do 15 minutes of "FAQ" updates.

One thing not hit hard at all on tonights chat: Credit Card Autopay - nice commercial but not the myriad of promotions as if CCA was the answer to every caller's question.

CNNfn now has a call in number in the EPG. When you call it it says the channel is being discontinued by the parent company not the satellite/cable provider. CNNfn's demise was announced months ago in a press release. Odd that E* didn't notify you until tonight Scott, or the EPG until Midnight. CNN wanted providers to pick up CNN International to fill the void left by CNNfn, but it appears there are no takers.

JL

I dont think most will even notice it was gone because most didnt even notice it was there because most probably never watched it, or it would remain in the lineup.

It was a really corny dish promo that explains why they have such cruddy programming

There was so much of it in the chat room that I thought it was an actual channel coming to DISH. :D

It's actually 2 channels - analog & digital - not sure if they'll merge at some point to make room for the HD version - it's very "compelling content'. :D

Sorry,

I can't find the Charlie Chat recap and I missed it. Curious if HD Distant Nets were mentioned? When will dish add?

Thanks Bill g

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts