Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
With all the excitement of the SatelliteGuys Holiday Party tonight, I seemed to have lost focus that there is also a Charlie Chat tonight on channel 101.

I just got off the phone with DISH and hear hear that there will be a few surprises in store. Tonight show marks 30 years for Jim, Charley and Cantey (Charlies wife) in the satellite business. In addition veteran newscaster Dan Rather will be on hand for the celebration.

So what do you think they will announce tonight?

Do you think there will be any mention of their 3D plans or do you think they will save that for CES?

Hope to see everyone for our Holiday Party TONIGHT!

Lucky me I have my computer hooked up to my TV, and I also have a TV next to my TV, lol.

I have a laptop that I could use, but who cares if they miss Charlie Chat. You can always read the summary here.

Charlie could be announcing a new "holiday" fee that will occur in December of each year :) if it goes well he could institue the fee for other holidays like Fourth of July, Memorial Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Flag Day, Martin Luther King Day, Presidents Day, Jefferson Davis' Birthday, Confederate Memorial Day, Veterans Day, Columbus Day...

I've got it recording so I wouldn't really miss it anyway... Not that I'm going to give it 100% of my attention regardless... lol.

Personally I don't have a problem with Charlie, and I think it's pretty funny when people say stuff to Charlie as if he can hear them... People only talk at him because he makes himself known... Most other companies you either don't know who their chairman is or they don't go public enough for anyone to have "personal" anger towards them...

EDIT: To be precise, don't necessarily mean in topics like this, seeing as it IS Charlie Chat... Just talking about other threads/posts I've seen around the forums...

Last edited:
Charlie does not give a crap about what is posted here. He is a self made billionaire. In fact no one who is anywhere near the upper echelons at Dish would ever come to this site or give two hoots about what is posted here.

That folks is reality.

1 not 2

Charlie does not give a crap about what is posted here. He is a self made billionaire. In fact no one who is anywhere near the upper echelons at Dish would ever come to this site or give two hoots about what is posted here.

That folks is reality.

OMG you really think so. I bet they give a hoot but maybe not 2.:D

That folks is reality.

While he and other upper management probably would never come here, they do care what is posted. Most internet sites like this that focus on large companies are always monitored. Companies want to protect their reputations, so they have people that watch the internet and try to stay ahead of issues.

Charlie has also taken the time on a few occasions to sit down and meet with members of this site, and answer questions. Quite a bit of caring for a CEO. He is not completely cut off in his own world. He does what he does to make Dish profitable, but that does not mean he runs every aspect of Dish like some like to imply that he personally goes out and sets rates and fees.

I wish I could get into the chat room I have been trying everything but WildBlue isn't chat friendly..

I went to Remote Access to record the rebroadcast of the CC, and there is a photo of the LA Law cast instead of a photo of Charlie!!

charlie chat.png

I heard the guest after Dan Rather wasn't bad. ;)

Thanks guys we had a BLAST tonight in our Holiday Party! Congrats to all the winners!

It was Scott himself asking "What's next"?

I was at the satelliteguys holiday party and watched the CC on the DVR. I thought Dan Blather did a pretty decent job for a 79yo. I hope I have as much memory and presence of mind when I'm his age. I was relatively disappointed in the answer Charlie and Jim gave to Scott's question. We didn't hear about a single new thing that isn't released right now today. Charlie mentioned improving chipsets and how he's waiting to upgrade his own home to3D in about a year. Note to Charlie; the glasses will not be vanishing in 2011. The speed of the chipset has little or nothing to contribute to that. IMHO. He rattled off the model numbers of VIP receivers several times, but studiously avoided mention of the 612s or for that matter any of the non-DVR VIP receivers. He answered a question about the 622, stating that it would not be enabled for GoogleTV integration as rumor has it. :(

New "chip set" means more new models of receivers for more big $$$ upgrades. Continuing the tradition of having to buy the latest tech receivers for the latest fad : 3-D . Honestly the way it is looking right now, I don't think that DISH will have much of anything new to offer next month at CES. Well , maybe the vaporware "923" model that Charlie talked about a few months back that would do google integrated in the receiver itself. But after watching this chat ,I think I know where all the bean counter tactics are coming from . Charlie has a degree in accounting. So now we know whose idea the additional receiver fees were.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)