Charlie Chat Tonight

Guys...sorry I missed the chat. Any mention of ongoing(?) negotiations with the RSNs (comcast, msg)?

Scott I hope that you are right. I guess I'm just a little negative because I got burned on the 922. If they can ever get a sling extender out that will work with the 922 that will make me feel a lot better. I too like Mike will never buy a Dish receiver based on what it will eventually be able to do, only what it can at the time I purchase it. That would have made my experience much better.

Mike they could turn on the browser in the 922 today if they wanted to but it would be useless without flash and java support.

I shouldn't say this... but the Sling Extender the next generation is in beta now and they are having good results.

And they Applications can still happen, the question now is is it worth it to have them? If you were an app writer would you probably wouldnt code for a 922 since its a totally different platform then everything else. This (like the browser) pulled the carpet from out of under the 922.

DISH did fall behind on the 922 no doubt. I do know there were chipset issues and driver issues which slowed down the rollout of the 922 greatly.

Maybe DISH shouldn't release a receiver based on hyped of promised features. That would go to building trust in their brand name as a company, instead of engender anger and mistrust by their subs like me, who feel they were sold a bill of goods. It is bait and switch pure and simple. But I am glad to hear that you are saying that they are now working on the sling extender in beta. So this will still work with the sling adapter to turn any tv 2 on a 722/722k into hd right? But if I know DISH they will make you pay to own the box itself and then add a tv 2 hd fee, like they did the google revue unit and their $4.00 integration fee. I think maybe they should of just concentrated on coming out with true multi-room viewing with networked receivers like DIRECTV has done. Then maybe I could network all my 211ks with external hard drives with my 722k for sharing all programs on any tv in the house. This would be a true useful feature that would be WORTH a small mrv fee like DIRECTV charges. I would gladly pay that one .

Scott I hope that you are right. I guess I'm just a little negative because I got burned on the 922. If they can ever get a sling extender out that will work with the 922 that will make me feel a lot better. I too like Mike will never buy a Dish receiver based on what it will eventually be able to do, only what it can at the time I purchase it. That would have made my experience much better.

It is good that you learned this lesson now. I have been with them for 14 years next month and I kept putting faith into them each and every time they released some new receiver with cutting edge features, I had to have it. I have been disappointed just about every time I did this with the exceptions of the 942/622/722/722k line of receivers. These are great receivers and they should build on these, by adding modules to add extra features withOUT any monthly fees. They did this with the external hard drives , then the sling adapter and now the google revue unit( without integration fee). I just wish they could allow us to network them and do true multi-room viewing like Directv has. Share any show on any tv in the house. I wouldn't even mind a small mrv fee for that feature . It would a great customer feature and I wouldn't even mind not having the sling extender, if I could have this one feature.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts