Having trouble with Sound and Voice being out of sync with the Picture!!! Anybody else???

Culpy67

Original poster
Mar 16, 2008
Hi, I have noticed in the past several weeks that there are alot of times now where the picture is not in sync with the voice and sound. Is anybody else having this trouble and is there anything that can be done about it? It drives me crazy! I have a 622 rec.

It seems like it is worse on the local channels then on some of the other channels. But when its off it is like watching one of the old Godzilla movies. I would appreciate any comments or help you can give.

Thanks,

Hi, I have noticed in the past several weeks that there are alot of times now where the picture is not in sync with the voice and sound. Is anybody else having this trouble and is there anything that can be done about it? It drives me crazy! I have a 622 rec.

It seems like it is worse on the local channels then on some of the other channels. But when its off it is like watching one of the old Godzilla movies. I would appreciate any comments or help you can give.

Thanks,

What brand TV? Some have been reported troublesome with sync, most notably some LG's. However, nearly every HDTV will occasionally lose it because of the time it takes to process the video signal.. Best advice I can give (and which has worked for me) is to unplug your TV for a few minutes, as well as your Dish receiver. Plug in your receiver and wait about 15 minutes (to boot up and get new guide info if available. The plug in the TV...and hope for the best

Last edited:
hi again, it is a new samsung hdtv, but my inlaws have had the same tv for the past few years and they have started noticing it too. I figured it was something that dish was doing. but i will try what you said and see what happens.

thanks

hi again, it is a new samsung hdtv, but my inlaws have had the same tv for the past few years and they have started noticing it too. I figured it was something that dish was doing. but i will try what you said and see what happens.

thanks

No, just google it. It happens across the board.

I have had this issue (on and off) for several months. It only happens with the 722k, not my 211k. And it seems to be more delayed on NBC stuff comming OTAR.. On playback it is imacted by how many other channels are being recorded. A nuisance...yes...but my solution is to turn off the volume on the TV and listen in with the IR headphones. I take my sound off the back of the dish receivers while I feed the two receivers via HDMI.

Now in so far as "theories", my internal hard drive on the 722k is nearly full and I suspect that the internal processing speed of the internals of the dish receiver and the internal hard drive just are not adequate. If there were a way to do a "defrag", that might solve the problem.

As far as the 211k is concerned, that is an external 500g drive that "probably" has lots of unused storage space...but the 211k doesn't tell me how many more hours I have to record.

Very common problem. My way of fixing it was to add an audio receiver, feed the HDMI through that then to the TV. The receiver has specific settings to fix the sound delay problem. It works fantastically.

Are you feeding both video and audio directly from the receiver to the tv or is one of them going to another component.

Thanks,

With my Vizio I have been able to use the built in lip sync adjustments in the menu to make corrections. Except for the NBC Evening News which remains way off. Sometimes I have to watch it like a radio!!

Are you feeding both video and audio directly from the receiver to the tv or is one of them going to another component.

Video and sound to the receiver from the Dish receiver with an HDMI cable (both are carried by the HDMI cable) then an HDMI cable to the TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)