Charlie Ergen Makes Wireless Bet

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SQUEEZON

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 10, 2007
Oregon
As most long timers in here , we know the story of Charlie and his blackjack days. Well now he is saying he would start a wireless company from "the ground up" if thats what it takes. Most of Wall St takes that comment in stride . from the ground up would send the stock to near zero according to some. What do you think?

Dish Stock Shows Ergen

I say its a bluff.

I predict that the wireless spectrum gets sold off to AT&T and part of the deal is DISH Network and the 13 or so million subscribers.

Charlie keeps Echostar and the set top box manufacturing business.

I know I have been saying lots of negative stuff about Dish lately, but I see the writing on the wall and this is the direction things are going.

Perhaps Charlie will buy some of at&t dsl areas.They are putting them up for sale.

+3 hate AT&T as well. I gave them 3 chances at my business once when I had their wireless service and 2 times with their phone and Internet service. They would over bill me, double bill me, charge me late fees when I paid days in advance and then say they would credit my bill when they never did. My parents have U-verse and Att just jacked their bill up another 15 bucks so now they are at 185 for the U-200 package. I'll never go back to AT&T for anything they are horrible. I would rank AT&T as the worst for tv service, followed by comcast, then directv.

My experience with AT&T hasn't been terrible at all. They did raise the UVERSE internet rate though to $48, but my connection has never had a problem. Of course, I'm with AT&T, formerly SBC (actually the corporation is SBC as SBC bought AT&T, but they stuck with the more familiar and reviled AT&T name), formerly Ameritech... so not quite AT&T.

its funny how I watch this board . Everyone has a story to tell. but in the end a lot of people support Dish dispite the ups and downs of service problems, everyone seem to agree that AT&T and Comcast are the worst way to go.
Trust me, over 15 years I have watched the competitors and I know I would never go to cable!

You guys ought to know better than this. This is the same rumor/speculation that we get at least once a year for as many years as I can remember. Some analyst has a wet dream about AT&T buying Dish. IT'S NOT GOING TO FREAKING HAPPEN! I have no idea why people seem to get so stuck on this idea.

You guys ought to know better than this. This is the same rumor/speculation that we get at least once a year for as many years as I can remember. Some analyst has a wet dream about AT&T buying Dish. IT'S NOT GOING TO FREAKING HAPPEN! I have no idea why people seem to get so stuck on this idea.

I'm not one of those guys...Why wouldn't Charlie want to at least consider buying the soon to be for sale dsl lines from att.They could truly offer a bundle package then.

I do not believe AT&T would buy Dish for the TV system. But, they might like to get ahold of the new spectrum that Dish may have at the end of the year. I do not see them making a move until Dish receives approval to use the spectrum for an LTE advance network. It is *a lot* of bandwidth. Dish will have about half of AT&T's average spectrum nationwide. Remember that AT&T has its spectrum chopped up into 3 networks now - GSM, 3G and now LTE. A 40MHz LTE advanced network would look pretty tasty to AT&T. So, it would put off any consideration until next year at the earliest.

I suggest instead of giggling, this was a fresh news statement from investors at a 10K hearing on Dish. It represents only was stated by Dish at that meeting of brokers and investment people.

I do not believe AT&T would buy Dish for the TV system. But, they might like to get ahold of the new spectrum that Dish may have at the end of the year. I do not see them making a move until Dish receives approval to use the spectrum for an LTE advance network. It is *a lot* of bandwidth. Dish will have about half of AT&T's average spectrum nationwide. Remember that AT&T has its spectrum chopped up into 3 networks now - GSM, 3G and now LTE. A 40MHz LTE advanced network would look pretty tasty to AT&T. So, it would put off any consideration until next year at the earliest.

That's far more reasonable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)