Charlie Says Merger Not out of the question.

GaryPen said:
Disney Customer Service? Did you get a defective set of mouse ears?

In the past I have had to call Disneyland for information on various things. Most recently I spoke to someone at the "World of Disney" store in the Downtown Disney area in Anaheim looking for a particular hard to find item. All the people I have spoken with have been quite friendly and helpful.

I'm pretty sure if the CSR's were trained better, then they would be better able to serve customers. I had one ask me what a Dish 500 was this week. Another I had to explain why we can't just throw up a second dish for 105, and a third thought an 811 had recording capabilities.

They definately need some sort of weekly product training.

Everything points to a merger:

~Resistance to higher broadcatser rates from Turner/Viacom
~Shortage of equipment, all types of equipment.
~Raised rates
~Disney/Comcast fears
~TV Guide Settlement
~Favoring new customers over existing ones
~DVR Fees
~DHA promotion

He's making the books look better. (I can't even go into what he's doing to the installer companies) More income, less expense. I think he's waiting for the right deal, Charlie's getting old, he might be thinking about retiring to a tropical island...

If it is then it's not working.. DISH stock has been through a 10 point roller coaster in the last 6 months, and currently it's screaming downhill fast.

well.. ok. I didn't look farther back than 6 months.

hey, had an idea.. what about a Viacom/Echostar merger?

-ducks and hides-

It may not be causing the stock to raise, perhaps preventing it from having more of a loss than what it would have otherwise.