Charlie thinks DISH and DIRECTV should merge.

Say what? I didn't read that or I skimmed over it. I would of assumed that Charlie would never put his own personal fortune at risk. But I do know that Charlie will have to pay 2 billion to the U. S. Treasury if he doesn't meet the FCC build out he agreed to for 2023 for his cell phone company , when this new deal was worked.

Charlie would not pay, Dish Network a publicly traded company would pay.
But, Charlie is the controlling shareholder so he definitely would experience pain along with the other shareholders.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Charlie would not pay, Dish Network a publicly traded company would pay.
But, Charlie is the controlling shareholder so he definitely would experience pain along with the other shareholders.
Well the news story I read online said he would have to write a 2 billion dollar check to the U.S. Treasury if he doesn't meet the deadline. So whether it comes from his account or his company account, he is going to pay for it. I think he also loses the accumulated band with- for missing the deadline ,which is worth a lot more than 2 billion.

My 500 share Dish purchase came about when I was looking to step up a bit from the penny stocks I'd been playing with and wanted to get into some low cost tech stocks. I was at a retirement diner for a friend when several business folks started discussing up and coming businesses. One of the fellows was the president of a local cable company, and he was complaining about an upstart satellite direct broadcast service that was stealing his customers even though he had exclusive franchise agreements with the communities he served. Then he said that worse yet, there was another new DBS company that was also going to be moving into his exclusive territory. That got my attention, and a little research turned up some info on both DTV and Dish. The Dish price was within my budget, so that's what I bought. I don't recall what DTV's stock status was at the time...

Reactions: charlesrshell
My dish stock has so far been a damn loss

You are basically going along for the gamble when you buy Dish. Charlie was known as a great professional card gambler and has not changed much through the years.
Well the news story I read online said he would have to write a 2 billion dollar check to the U.S. Treasury if he doesn't meet the deadline. So whether it comes from his account or his company account, he is going to pay for it. I think he also loses the accumulated band with- for missing the deadline ,which is worth a lot more than 2 billion.

It is not his company, it is the stockholders company and the company and all the stockholders, not just charlie, pay the bills. The other stockholders ( and Dish bond holders) have chosen to bet on his strategy and invest their money in Dish, figuring that he has a winning plan.

data caps are nothing more than greed.
In the words of dare2be ...
1582864942736.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)