Charlie where nbr?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
juan said:
tivo is dead!!! D* has dropped them and they now have a mirror image of e* dvr (for some unknown reason) including bugs and all

E*'s new 'amazing ad compaign' : "Sign Up now and get 4 free rooms and a DVR. Our DVR's are great, and just as buggy as DirecTv's"

But seriously, my brother bickers over no NBR either (and i still want a HD DVR, but dont have the $$!)

What does name based recording do or whar features does it have over the existing
systems ?

Basically, the benefits are that the program recording is based on the name, instead of a date and time. If the program moves or the length is extended (and the EPG is updated to reflect that!), all of the program will be recorded. Dish receivers with NBR also allow the setting up of a DISH Pass, so a timer would automatically be set up whenever a show with the specified search criteria appears in the EPG.

Hope that helps.

Sadly E has a LONG HISTORY of not coming thru with promised stuff:(

Lets not forget the 721s internet access, or stuff thats gone like legacy DP games and all the rest.

Why should NBR be different:(

NBR on 501/508/510

no, No, NO... as I recall, NBR was promised for Xmas of 2004 !

Look back through your Charlie chats.
More recently, it was promised for this summer, and just this week, for early next year.

I have seen nothing but buggy software since they went to P300 on those PVRs, and yet they promise new features?
There are other threads on this forum where we bash Charlie for promises unkept, so we don't need another one, but let's get the facts straight!

Now the truth finally comes out that NO existing receiver will do MPG4 !
NONE OF THEM !
Wow, that was another lie they kept alive for a long time.

Anole said:
Now the truth finally comes out that NO existing receiver will do MPG4 ! NONE OF THEM !
Wow, that was another lie they kept alive for a long time.

Dish NEVER said any existing receiver would be MPEG4 capable. No lie, no hidden truth there.

NightRyder

could be wrong

I remember it differently, but I won't argue the point.
It was either said or implied, but I don't have a clear recollection any more.
....wait, I seem to recall:
Something like: "...it'll be on our newer receivers..", which may have meant receivers to come, but implied newer receivers shipping now.
That was last year.

As for NBR on the PVR (5xx family), that one's so old it's become a tired old joke. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts