Chart: Comparison between Dish MRV and Direct MRV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
For 3 hours a day, and it's a single data stream until it's demuxed. As opposed to 5 continuous individual streams being constantly cached. You lose. But thank you for playing.

and how many simultaneous streams does a pc hard drive record, read, ect ect at one time?
and how long do they last?
you point is not relevant

PIP on Primary DVR should be YES since the Hopper supports PIP. The Joeys do not.
Thanks for catching that. I had it as yes, but something must have gotten mixed up when I added the extra rows.

Attachments

• Hopper VS D-MRV.pdf
    115.5 KB · Views: 234
  • Hopper VS D-MRV.xls
    31.5 KB · Views: 135
Just curious, do you guys actually think you would need that much space? I have a 350GB hard drive in my HR20 and it never gets more than 40% full. Currently only 10% full.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Your not a power user... :D another thing, HR34 no optical output, just coax...
That would be an issue for me as my sound system only has optical audio input for digital or surround. The other inputs are composite analog stereo only.

Since I have no desire to to MRV, I wont be needing an HR34 anyway. An HR24 would be nice however. :D

That would be an issue for me as my sound system only has optical audio input for digital or surround. The other inputs are composite analog stereo only.

Since I have no desire to to MRV, I wont be needing an HR34 anyway. An HR24 would be nice however. :D
You might be surprised, I had MRV for awhile with Replay, haven't had in several years... I activated whole home yesterday and am loving it.

You might be surprised, I had MRV for awhile with Replay, haven't had in several years... I activated whole home yesterday and am loving it.
Trust me, I would never use it. It is just my wife and I. We went down from 4 TVs to 2 TVs. The second TV in our bedroom gets used for about 1/2 hour each night only and that that is just as background when we are going to bed to help me relax and fall asleep. I will occasionally watch TV on my computer in my office through my Sling box as I am working on the computer (MRV is not needed in that case). Since we seldom to never watch TV outside of our main room, MRV serves no purpose for our needs.

The primetime "tuner" would be the draw to the Hopper/Joey combo for me as I use alot of network timers especially on Mondays with the Voice now in my viewing habits... but I still camp and the loss of ViP use kills that idea for now...
I do agree that that is a very enticing feature for some and when I first heard of it I thought this was a huge Home Run for Dish. With that said, even though this feature is a hug plus for Dish as a whole, it is something I would never use either. We watch only a small fraction of programs on the big 4 and never run into recording conflicts with just 2 tuners on our HR20.

The last thing I need to do is record and watch more programming. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)