Charter Bumps 30 Mbps Customers to 100 Mbps, For Free

I couldn't talk them into lowering my price again, so I just had my owned modem replaced with one Charter mailed to me, and my speeds doubled. I now have 60/4 for the same price. I'm internet-only with them.

Reactions: old corps
An update to what I posted above about constant streaming failures with Charter (I have Internet service only):

The streaming failures continued -- almost every night. I was forced to pay their $90, plus late charges, for those service calls that did not fix the problem.

I finally decided to try connecting directly thru their modem (by-passing wifi) to see what I could learn from the diagnostic ability of their modem, as suggested by one of you above. Result was I could not get a connection with the Internet that way. I could only connect when I went back to receiving thru my router, via WiFi.

So, called their 24/7 help number and eventually connected with a lady that seemed to know what she was doing. I told her I wasn't able to connect to the Internet directly, thru the Charter modem. She ran me thru several different procedures to make it work, but she too couldn't make it work, either. Additionally, she said she could "see" that there were problems with my line and she would send the maintenance guys out again. I told her I wasn't willing to pay any fees for service calls, so unless they would guarantee I would not be charged for any service call, that I didn't want them to come out.

She replied that she could not guarantee they wouldn't charge me again, but she thought they should be sent to work on the problem that she could "see" that I had, while she had my account displayed on her screen. Told her no, I didn't want them to come out again, if I could be charged again.

Then, in less than a week, the streaming interruption problems stopped. Charter Internet service began to work as advertised and as it had for my first 10 months with them. That was over a month ago, and (knock on wood) I haven't had any streaming failures since.

The final surprise was that when I got online to see my latest Charter Bill, it showed the $90, plus all late charges, had been refunded to my account. I was elated! I almost called to find out the details, but then thought it best to leave well enuf alone and not appear to be gloating in their face. And, posting this now to give Charter credit, where credit is due.

I hope my experience posted in this thread might prove helpful to others, who might be having similar problems.

Thanks much, Cheers.

PS: I am STILL using the original Netgear router that they said was defective :hatsoff:wave2:nana2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)