Charter cable question

Bartje64

Original poster
Aug 16, 2010
Western Michigan
Not sure to where to direct this.

Several months ago after being a longtime customer of Charter, I have cancelled my cable service and am using OTA (frree) signals which suits me just fine.
The digital quality of OTA is far superior to the analog signals from Charter.

Charter can seemingly continue to offer "special price" packages to "new' customers, but will do little or nothing for longtime customers.

They (Charter) apparently never disconnected me from the pole as I can still get their channels as well.

Can they hold me liable eventhough I have cancelled their services?

Former Charter Tech here as of a few months ago

You are NOT liable.

The problem of you still being "live" is at the fault of the tech or auditor who WAS routed to disco you at the pole, but instead didn't and just noted their PDA as completed.

Either the tech was too lazy, or the pole location is kinda tricky to take out the ladder or climb the pegs.

I've done internet service only installs at locations that were live at the pole, but I added the necessary traps in order to cover my ass. When i'd get back into the residence the customer would laugh and say "damn man, i've been getting free TV from you guys for about 4 years!"

It's not Your fault, it's the companies and their tech/audit team

Enjoy :)

Not sure to where to direct this.

Several months ago after being a longtime customer of Charter, I have cancelled my cable service and am using OTA (frree) signals which suits me just fine.
The digital quality of OTA is far superior to the analog signals from Charter.

Charter can seemingly continue to offer "special price" packages to "new' customers, but will do little or nothing for longtime customers.

They (Charter) apparently never disconnected me from the pole as I can still get their channels as well.

Can they hold me liable eventhough I have cancelled their services?

Nope not liable. Eventually they will audit the box and discover its connected and put the filter on to block it.