charter cable signal problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kimberlylarae

Original poster
Aug 15, 2009
Wisconsin
For about 2 weeks now we have been having a problem with our signal. Several channels either go out completely and we get the blue screen with "this channel will be back shortly" message or there's so much pixel type interference the channel is impossible to watch. CNN news channel is one of the worst. It doesn't happen on local channels. Many days it will be fine until about 4pm and it seems to be worse on the weekend. Last weekend just about all of our cable channels were out.

First I unplugged both our cable boxes (there's 2 TVs and they both have the same thing going on) and waited 30 seconds, plugged them back in and waiting for them to load. Didn't help. So I asked Charter what to do. They refreshed the sets--didn't help. They beamed a signal to the TVs--didn't help. The 3rd time I complained they said a problem was detected in my area but they had no idea when it would be fixed. The nest day cable was on and all was well for a few days and now it's doing the same thing. I reported it again and they told me to unplug both boxes again.

I don't know what more to do. I'm paying a high price for channels I can't watch. Is anyone in the Merrill Wisconsin area having the same problem? Is anyone anoywhere having the same problem? :rant:

I've had problems with the channels pixilating around the same time here in the Augusta,GA area. That is the main reason why I am considering getting Direct TV or Dish Network. Here,it is like a momentary freeze,silence,then pixilation. It happens on the HD channels & digital SD channels. I have Charter Cable,Internet,& Telephone,& about 2-3 times within the past month,they all went out at the same time. They come back on,but it is very frustrating.Even though Charter doesn't have the channels that Comcast or Knology(the cable options in other parts of the county I live in & Augusta,GA) have,it does carry a few channels that the other two don't.I also want to put up an outdoor antenna for OTA coverage when Charter acts up.
Oh yeah,our pixilation problem has been going on for months now.

Dont forget, you make that switch you will be locked into a 2 year contract. If things go well...all is good. But if it doesnt.. its a nightmare. Believe me, I know.

Well I'm getting DIRECTV this coming Thursday.That's my install date. Right now the HD channels on Charter are so bad that they are virtually unwatchable. They are constantly pixilating. Last Saturday Morning I lost cable,internet,& phone service for almost an hour,& I've lost count how many times that makes in the past two months. Now,like I said,The HD channels are messed up along with most of the digital tier SD channels. That's the main reason why I got DIRECTV. I'm just tired of Charter's problems. I spent $2,000.00 to cut down 3 trees so that I'd have a line of sight for my satellite dish. I'm not dropping Charter,but it won't be the only game in town when it comes to watching TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)