Charter, Comcast Strike Deal to Swap Subs, Launch Spinoff

Hmm, seems I'll be in one of the people moving. I have TWC internet. How id Charter's service? Also how is there TV and DVR service? I might be tempted to switch from Dish.

I can't speak for the TV service cause I don't have that but I am very happy with the phone and internet service. Internet is very reliable and fast. At least in my neck of the woods. YMMV.

I can't speak for the TV service cause I don't have that but I am very happy with the phone and internet service. Internet is very reliable and fast. At least in my neck of the woods. YMMV.

+1

Complete ditto. Same service, phone & internet-no TV. Very satisfied. Same woods as well.......

Ed

Hmm, seems I'll be in one of the people moving. I have TWC internet. How id Charter's service? Also how is there TV and DVR service? I might be tempted to switch from Dish.

From what I hear their customer service is pretty poor, they dropped their customer support section from Dslr. I am in a comcast area, which supposedly will become a charter area, however on another note, hopefully charter brings a phone service to the area because att really stinks!

This whole thing has be a bit concerned seeing that I just scheduled install of X1 in Michigan and will be moved to this new company... I am making the switch to save a good amount of money ($70 per month year 1 and $35 year 2 for a lot more TV and internet wise) but the only reason it is an option is the X1 platform. I am worried that it will be taken from me in the middle of the "agreement" that I will sign and thus be a BIG issue for me. Based on the article though it appears that the "new" company will be held by a majority of Comcast shareholders so what are the chances that they license the X1 platform from Comcast similar to what Cox is doing?

I've called Charter support 3 times in the 2 years I have had service. The first time was a waste of time but the other 2 times I got people who knew what they were doing.

Both Charter and Comcast are aware that their shotty customer service has bit them in the a** the last couple of years with customers dropping like flies left and right (let's just assume the drop in people subscribing to their TV packages due to streaming TV services and devices is not a contributing factor) or at the very least the slew of bad reviews has caught their attention. S,o both made the decision to rebrand (Xfinity for Comcast a few years ago and Spectrum for Charter more recently) not just "bury" that bad press but also to push their upgraded services more effectively (without the shadow of a bad name). Well, thats just my take on it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts