Charter Communication to Acquire Time Warner

I don't know if Time Warner customers that currently have the following choices would like Charter's one plan of 30/4 (ya Charter has 100/5 too but who needs/can afford that?)

2w2iiwy.jpg

2zszfkj.jpg

I don't know if Time Warner customers that currently have the following choices would like Charter's one plan of 30/4 (ya Charter has 100/5 too but who needs/can afford that?)

2w2iiwy.jpg

2zszfkj.jpg

I bet they will like the price a lot better.The 30/4 is $40 per,for 12 months,$45 the next 12 months.Modem is included for free.

I'm paying $34.99 month/internet only - 30/4 for a two year contract that started end of May 2012. I also still have FTA QAM channels in there. Oh, and I own my modem.

Nice,how did you talk them into such a sweet deal?I ain't complaining,30/4 at $39.99 and 37 Qam channels is a great deal.

I think that might be their regular price, because in the Fort Worth market Charter is offering 30/4 for $29.99 for 12 months.

He's not paying for the QAM channels, he's splitting the modem line after the installer leaves. Don't know where you came up with 37, he never said how many, but from my experience with Charter it's more of around 12 and usually just the local OTA channels along with TWC-HD.

Don't know where you came up with 37, he never said how many, but from my experience with Charter it's more of around 12 and usually just the local OTA channels along with TWC-HD.
my buddy is in Charter here in MN and he gets around 35 or so stations on QAM (lifeline)
31 SD (including 4 networks only in SD.....2 adjacent market and 2 locals + public access/shopping/cspan/religious)
6 HD (networks)

I think that might be their regular price, because in the Fort Worth market Charter is offering 30/4 for $29.99 for 12 months.

He's not paying for the QAM channels, he's splitting the modem line after the installer leaves. Don't know where you came up with 37, he never said how many, but from my experience with Charter it's more of around 12 and usually just the local OTA channels along with TWC-HD.

I came with with 37 because that's what I get here lol.I have Charter HSI only,the promo price was $39.99 for 30/4 for 12 months.Now if I also took the tv package it would have been $29.99,but not interested in that sd crap.There are still quite a few analog channels on Charter here.

I came with with 37 because that's what I get here lol.I have Charter HSI only,the promo price was $39.99 for 30/4 for 12 months.Now if I also took the tv package it would have been $29.99,but not interested in that sd crap.There are still quite a few analog channels on Charter here.

I believe Fort Worth has been converted to 100% digital since I last used it. I heard Charter is rolling out 100% digital everywhere. Hopefully then they'll fix their upload speeds. 5mbps up on 100mbps down is a joke. I would only get the 100 if it had 25 or 50 up.

Check this out, it was 100/50 "Charter Fiber" at a library:

2cr6qgj.jpg

I personally think Charter should have 3 plans once the upload is fixed.

30/15 50/25 and 100/50

I get 41 QAM channels, and I got that price because I asked for a lower one (they wanted to charge me $45.99). The CSR was happy to give it to me if I signed a two year contract. I'm hoping to renew it when my contract is up in 10~ months. The regular price around here is $60 something for that tier.

http://www.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/lineup_web/US:48657#lineup_9887512

I get 41 QAM channels, and I got that price because I asked for a lower one (they wanted to charge me $45.99). The CSR was happy to give it to me if I signed a two year contract. I'm hoping to renew it when my contract is up in 10~ months. The regular price around here is $60 something for that tier.

http://www.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/lineup_web/US:48657#lineup_9887512

Cool.It never hurts to ask.That's what I plan on doing once my 12 months is up,Oct. I think.I don't mind a 2 or even 3 year contract for the right price.

I remember when their stock was well under a $1, this was before bankruptcy. I wouldn't have had charter stock even if it was given to me. Never in a million years did I think they would turn things around the way they did. Just a quick glance at their stock quote now is $135+/-...........unbelievable. :eek:

If they let this go through they should let the DirecTV/Dish merge go through if they want to merge!!! :)

Didn't anyone read the article? Charter is just considering making an offer to buy TW.

If they let this go through they should let the DirecTV/Dish merge go through if they want to merge!!! :)

WHY are so many people convinced that merging would be a GOOD thing for the consumer? Less competition drives up prices...

Charter merging with TWC does not reduce competition, DirecTV and Dish merging does. If there are any areas where Charter and TWC are overbuilt with each other, the homes passed are likely less than 10,000. I don't see it happening or the government allowing it to happen, but if every cable company in the country merged, the amount of competition in any given market would not change at all.

Charter + TWC would still have fewer subscribers than DirecTV and fewer subscribers than Comcast. It's not on the scale of Dish and DirecTV at all. Not even close.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)