Charter has exclusive interet business in my area?

snarlyoldman

Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
When I called to get setup with DISH the sales person told me that Charter is the "exclusive" internet provider for my area and Dish couldn't install their satellite based internet service. My zip code is 37771. This sounds kinda fishy to me. Can anybody help me? BTW - I went through a retailer and not directly through DISH.

Call another retailer or Dish directly. Sounds like the retailer may have a deal setup with the cable company or gets better commissions from cable internet sign ups.

Are you in an apartment complex or an owned home/condo? If you own there is no such thing. An apartment complex can have an exclusive for internet.

When I called to get setup with DISH the sales person told me that Charter is the "exclusive" internet provider for my area and Dish couldn't install their satellite based internet service. My zip code is 37771. This sounds kinda fishy to me. Can anybody help me? BTW - I went through a retailer and not directly through DISH.

Hi, unless you are in an apartment complex or condo unit, this is not correct. If you would like to PM me your information I would be happy to assist you. Thank you!

Why would you want satellite Internet over cable? Satellite broadbands have a high latency. Almost useless for VoIP. My setup is timewarnercable Internet and dishnetwork.

Ditto go cable wimax DSL over sat even exede is slow. If you make your own power and have to dig a hole to use the restroom sat internet is just what you need.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)