Charter Launches Spectrum TV App on Roku

Got my free Roku 3 yesterday. Unlike on the Android app, the Spectrum TV app on the Roku does allow me to watch all the locals. The HBO live channels are not in HD though. I switch between watching the same movie on HBO Go (on Roku) and Spectrum TV HBO (on Roku) and the Spectrum one is like 480p or maybe worst. The ones on HBO Go are in HD.

The other thing is that I found out History channel app does not support Charter Spectrum TV. It listed like 50 providers but Charter is not among them.

I was kinda excited about this until you posted re. the non-HD thing. I won't watch anything that's not HD. JMHO

Ed

I was kinda excited about this until you posted re. the non-HD thing. I won't watch anything that's not HD. JMHO

Ed

It is really not that big a deal though. Since all the live HBO channels contents could be watched as on demand on HBO Go... well except for any live sporting event I guess. I don't know why the live HBO channels are not in HD. The HGTV and Food Channel seems to be in HD. But none of them seems to be as clear as any of the streaming service like Netflix or Amazon Video. I think maybe the compression is higher or something. When I watched the Oscar on Watch ABC app, it was really clear. The live ABC channel on Spectrum TV app.. not as much.

Ed

Tried HBO live again last night. And this time it seems to be in HD in all the channels. Maybe it was just a fluke last time. However the FX is so bad in the 2007 Transformer movie... I can't even watch it at all. You can see the people are acting in from of the green screen. You can clearly see the robots are CGI in the background.