Charter Saginaw, Bay City, Midland Mi. area - goes "all digital" Tuesday 1/12/2014

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

primestar31

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Beta Omicron Delta III
Looks like we will be losing our 30+ QAM channels tagged onto our internet-only connection next Tuesday. Charter has just reported to the Midland Daily News that they are "converting us" to all digital to open up bandwidth.

HA, more like to open up our wallets, and UP their profits.

Ok Charter, UP YOURS! lol

That's a shame. My older brother has charter and refuses to pay the monthly fees for the digital bo:mad:s). Looks like he wont have a choice now.

They'll eventually get around to it here,in the meantime every analog channel and several digital channels are coming via qam.:D I did a rescan the other night and there was a total of 102 channels,granted some are digital dupes but still.

Happened here in Tn a while ago and now we get about 15 channels on QAM Local OTA channels, no HD, local origination and WGN America. Just a back up for when satellite goes down.

We did in fact lose all of our open QAM channels on the 21'st. I see now I transposed the date in my title above, but now it's too late to change it as editing has locked down automatically.

We did in fact lose all of our open QAM channels on the 21'st. I see now I transposed the date in my title above, but now it's too late to change it as editing has locked down automatically.

Bummer dude.

They'll eventually get around to it here,in the meantime every analog channel and several digital channels are coming via qam.:D I did a rescan the other night and there was a total of 102 channels,granted some are digital dupes but still.

I just scanned my charter in Fenton MI and showed 217. If it had the big 4, CW, and PBS in HD I would be thrilled. The only locals I'm getting in HD are CBS and NBC. Fox and and ABC are only showing up as SD. I am getting some HD cable channels like FX and ESPNU though. I can't even get ESPNU in HD on the account I actually pay for but charter has it in the clear.

A lot of the channels were duplicates or blurry analog but FX was a nice surprise because I actually watch that channel. I was hoping I could go QAM instead of OTA when I cut the cord but I want all the OTA networks in HD. It sounds like charter might be putting a stop to all this soon anyways.

Last edited:
217 and some in HD?All I can say is enjoy it while it lasts!Who knows,maybe it will take them a while to get it converted.

I just scanned my charter in Fenton MI and showed 217. If it had the big 4, CW, and PBS in HD I would be thrilled. The only locals I'm getting in HD are CBS and NBC. Fox and and ABC are only showing up as SD. I am getting some HD cable channels like FX and ESPNU though. I can't even get ESPNU in HD on the account I actually pay for but charter has it in the clear.

A lot of the channels were duplicates or blurry analog but FX was a nice surprise because I actually watch that channel. I was hoping I could go QAM instead of OTA when I cut the cord but I want all the OTA networks in HD. It sounds like charter might be putting a stop to all this soon anyways.

Lucky you! I'm just north of you (Montrose) and it's all digital here. No free TV with my internet--which has been outstanding so far.

Ed

In the Clarkston area and just received the "Spectrum" letter telling us they are going all digital April 29th.

Read in the local paper that Charter is going "all digital" here in the Kearney, Ne. area starting in mid August and should be completed by late August--that's the way I read it in the paper.
I am a Internet and phone customer of Charter-- as I have Dish for tv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)