Fox Withdraws Time Warner Bid

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
The surprise announcement sent Fox shares +8% in after-market trading and Time Warner -11.9%. Fox CEO Rupert Murdoch says that his $80B offer — which the owner of Warner Bros, HBO, and Turner Broadcasting rejected — “had always been friendly.” But the company “refused to engage with us.” He says he also was swayed by the drop in Fox’s stock price as investors feared that Murdoch might overpay to become the dominant producer of movies and TV shows, with sports rights that could rival ESPN’s. To prove them wrong, he has committed to add $6B to his share-repurchase plan for the next year.

deadline.com

I can breath now.
My biggest concern were those comments I read, mentioning the possible merger and that Fox would keep Fox News, putting CNN for sale to the best bidder, and then Al Jazeera America grabbing it to gain a foothold to much more households than those it has now when they bought Current TV.

I can breath now.
My biggest concern were those comments I read, mentioning the possible merger and that Fox would keep Fox News, putting CNN for sale to the best bidder, and then Al Jazeera America grabbing it to gain a foothold to much more households than those it has now when they bought Current TV.

Those are possiblities

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts