Charter Subscription Opening New Account

Celestine

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Hello everyone,

My younger brother is planning to pull the plug on his Charter subscription bundle due to high bill. Assuming he finalized his decision to discontinue the service, is it legal for me to open a Charter subscription on the same address, using my name and SSN, and get the new subscribers discounts and promotions?

Right now, he is thinking whether to discontinue all 3 services - phone, internet, and TV; or just keep the internet.

Any advice? Will Charter see this as fraud?

I don't mind the bill even after the service commitment is over since the TV will be primarily for my parents, with international channel subscription, when they are at home. By the way, I have my Roku and computer so the bill is not an issue. The reason to open new account is to take advantage of discounts and promotions for new subscribers (if Charters allows that) and I am just hesitating to pay for a subscription that is not under my name or opened under my credentials.

Last edited:
If he keeps anything active, you cannot start service in your name at the same address. Because they wont allow two active accounts at one address. He would need to cancel everything for you to start service at this address. As far as promos go, having the same last name may flag the account, it may not. Gotta call to see. I know that most companies would frown upon a husband canceling services then having them installed in his wifes name and some wont allow it. This is basically the same principle.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts