Chat is unbelievably useless

The people at DiSH are only as good as the organization they unfortunately find themselves working for.

They could simply go back to where they were in the 90s, when remotes were even less reliable and they demanded $50

• Wow
Reactions: pattykay
The people at DiSH are only as good as the organization they unfortunately find themselves working for.

They could simply go back to where they were in the 90s, when remotes were even less reliable and they demanded $50
I still have some remotes from that era, which still work great! Any offers for them? I'll start the bidding at $5. :biggrin

I'm not even going to ask how many genders there are these days. I remember when "dude" was a put down from a real cowboy. :cool:
Truth is, I've been using "Dude" to address people most of my life. Men and women. It's just a habit and yeah, a lot of women don't get it or make a bigger issue out of it than it is.

• Love
Reactions: pattykay and AZ.
Truth is, I've been using "Dude" to address people most of my life. Men and women. It's just a habit and yeah, a lot of women don't get it or make a bigger issue out of it than it is.

I've met others who do that. I think it's lazy and inconsiderate on your part. I doubt you would appreciate being called a girl, or other things you are not.

Reactions: papachops
In the CSR's defense, the system may not even let them order a free remote until all the right script boxes have been checked. I'm sure they'd much rather get us off chat quicker, but may not be able to rush it.
Yeah, the trouble often is user error, and it is frustrating when you know it isn't user error. I did like the Dishscapes offer at the end. AlaJoe is ready to throw his computer out the window, tries to end the chat... BAM! Offer for something completely unrelated and unnecessary.

Reactions: NYDutch and joegr
Yeah, the trouble often is user error, and it is frustrating when you know it isn't user error. I did like the Dishscapes offer at the end. AlaJoe is ready to throw his computer out the window, tries to end the chat... BAM! Offer for something completely unrelated and unnecessary.
If you like that, you'll love this: There is a new offer for the Dish Scapes Gallery where you can get one month free. MyDISH
So, not only did they not offer AlaJoe a free remote, they also did not mention the one-month free offer for Dish Scapes, and only mentioned the free preview, which was almost over by that point.

I've seen people post OPs dumping Dish for less. :D

Heck, his case disturbs me so much, I'm thinking of dropping Dish. ;)

• Haha
I've met others who do that. I think it's lazy and inconsiderate on your part. I doubt you would appreciate being called a girl, or other things you are not.
It's no different than referring to a group of people as "you guys" without necessarily implying that all of them are male. Or would you prefer that this site change its name to SatelliteGuys&Gals?

It's no different than referring to a group of people as "you guys" without necessarily implying that all of them are male. Or would you prefer that this site change its name to SatelliteGuys&Gals?

Yes, it's different. I'm not a politically correct kind of guy. I don't have a problem referring to us as mankind, as a group. However, I would object to being called a girl, though. When you address a single person by the wrong gender, it is insulting and different from addressing a group. If I was talking to a mixed gender group, I would say guys and gals, or men and women, or girls and boys or people.

Actually, I was brought up saying "sir" and "ma'am" to distinguish between sexes. I still use it to this day, even for people younger than myself, which the vast majority of are.

I don't care what they call this website, just so they don't close it down. :hatsoff

Reactions: eddie willers
I hear you, man!

Get it?? ^

Dude, to me, is no different. Just a word that substitutes for "man". I promise that most people use the word man in conversation often - with men and women. A long time ago and still, I listen for that and hear it daily, when people use the word "man" in conversation with women - and no one scrutinizes it.

"Oh man, I hear you"
"You know what I mean, man?"
Or one I used with my kid's mother often, "Come on man, give me a break"

• Love
Well I got a new remote for free. I did another chat where I just lied and said my remote was completely nonfunctional. Would you believe even then they wanted me to take the batteries out and put them back in.You would think being a 10 year plus customer that has always had the protection plan they would just send a remote with the first complaint without jumping threw a bunch of hoops but I guess not. Here is a picture of the remote I was trying to get replaced. You can see the printing on the some buttons is completely worn off, The remote was worn out.

Attachments

• IMG_8021.jpg
    IMG_8021.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 196
Reactions: KE4EST
Well I got a new remote for free. I did another chat where I just lied and said my remote was completely nonfunctional. ...
I am glad that things worked out for you. :)

... I would gladly send you a 40.0 remote if you want my old one. I am getting rid of my old Hopper equipment, and I have already sent a couple of my spare remotes to other members here. My 40.0 has barely been used, and it worked perfectly the last time I used it. Just send me your address in a private conversation, and I can get this remote on its way to you. :)
Since AlaJoe no longer needs a replacement remote, I will make this offer available to anyone else who wants a 40.0 remote.