Chat rep refused to upgrade me to two hopper 3s

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The trouble with that, a lot of the American agents are crap too. It was like that when I worked there. Never changed. And a lot of it was the constant feeling of being beaten down and just not cared about. For awhile, we had mandatory overtime, that they would spring on us every week, even if we explained we had prior engagements based on the schedule they gave. They finally got rid of that, but as you can probably tell, there were far greater issues going on.
One thing I have noticed is the call center in Christiansburg, VA which is right along I-81 and clearly visible from the roadway, the parking lot is not nearly as full as it used to be.

They have some All Over, and serve different jobs. I could be mistaken but I know VA had a broadband department, but I think they got moved out.

You know what's funny, had a 721 & 501 for at least 4-5+ years; NEVER had a problem with either one & the 501 was a used one that I bought from a client that switched to another pay service. They STILL actually work to this day (not active of course) to play back shows still on their HDD's.

Had two 722k's (w/OTA adapters), one 612k & 211k for at least 2-3 years; again, NEVER a problem with any of them!
Switched to two HWS's & one H2K 3+ years ago; the HDD's in BOTH HWS's didn't even make it 2 years, before I had to replace both within a month's time span of each other...then of course the great CUI came into existence to make them into last rate DVR's.
Had I dreamed they would end up turning into the cluster-f**k's they have now become, I would have NEVER, EVER switched from the previous receivers!

Now with one cablecard & two OTA Tivo's, the ONLY reason why I even keep E*, is for the Supers & cheap HBO...can't switch back to VIP receivers, since my DVR fee will go up. When they eventually dump the Supers, so will I, of the last vestiges of E*.
I read this last part as “Dish is crap even though I still do t want to leave them because they offer me something I feel is completely worth it for what I pay”.

Reactions: pattykay
You know what's funny, had a 721 & 501 for at least 4-5+ years; NEVER had a problem with either one & the 501 was a used one that I bought from a client that switched to another pay service. They STILL actually work to this day (not active of course) to play back shows still on their HDD's.

Had two 722k's (w/OTA adapters), one 612k & 211k for at least 2-3 years; again, NEVER a problem with any of them!
Switched to two HWS's & one H2K 3+ years ago; the HDD's in BOTH HWS's didn't even make it 2 years, before I had to replace both within a month's time span of each other...then of course the great CUI came into existence to make them into last rate DVR's.
Had I dreamed they would end up turning into the cluster-f**k's they have now become, I would have NEVER, EVER switched from the previous receivers!

Now with one cablecard & two OTA Tivo's, the ONLY reason why I even keep E*, is for the Supers & cheap HBO...can't switch back to VIP receivers, since my DVR fee will go up. When they eventually dump the Supers, so will I, of the last vestiges of E*.
WTH are "the supers"?

They still have the super stations ?

I remember dropping them when they stopped showing Star Trek on a regular basis

Reactions: HipKat
Then you change your screen name?

No, because I had it BEFORE there even was a "DISH Network"...I used to install & service the "real" (big) satellite dishes, before DBS even came into existence... ;)

I read this last part as “Dish is crap even though I still do t want to leave them because they offer me something I feel is completely worth it for what I pay”.

You obviously didn't read into it enough...I'm also ONLY paying E* a fraction of what I was previously paying them before, for a fraction of their service I'm actually using &/or care about, & giving that said $$$ to another company instead.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Sounds EXACTLY like an E* CSR...can't understand why you're still NOT doing it :rolleyes:

So the services they offer you are a great value to you?

Hardly...for the minimal amount of time I'll actually be watching their minimal amount of prog I do still like, I'll put up with their sh*t equip & software...& be paying a minimal amount accordingly. Comcast/Tivo are now getting the bulk of what $$$ E* USED to get.

Reactions: Hall
So that minimal programming appears to still be of value to you for what you pay for it. And watch it. Otherwise you would have just cancelled and not worry about coming to the Dish forum. You sound like another oblivious customer. That minimum is still putting money in their pockets and you can say how bad they are, but you still pay them. Easy peezy. I get that you’re paying someone else for the bulk, but obviously Dish still has an offer that IS of value to you hence why you CHOOSE to pay them and remain a customer. Period.

And you sound like another, typical, E* shill...that thinks their sh*t NEVER, EVER smells - again, still don't understand why you're not still working for them - since they ARE "the best there has ever been", right???

AND, what DOES it matter to you, my reasons for keeping what I do/don't for my choice of TV providers? OR if/when I choose to post to this forum; if it bothers you so much, you really should just put me on ignore.

AND I can still - and WILL continue to - complain about their crap...ALL without asking for your permission, since last I checked you (still) DON'T run this board...PERIOD!!! :p

And I will quickly and easily point out that you’re full of chit. Simple. Complain away, while still giving them your money. Kind of an oxymoron if you ask me.

Reactions: JSheridan
Do you have anything that is not aimed at a person? Maybe an argument? Or is ad hominem your only attack?

What truth? That you complain about their service while saying that they have something you want for a price and reliability that you agree with? No, you left that truth out. You came, stirred the pot, and are pissed you got called out. Like I said before, you’re full of chit.

Sorry, but I got WAY bigger things to be pissed about other than someone that trolls TWO internet boards to shill for his previous employer...which sounds like you still (covertly) work for them...or just don't have a life...

Reactions: Bruno
I find it funny you say that. How long have you been a member here? Secret... forum users tend to talk to other forum users... now what’s it say about your life that you come to a forum to bash a company repeatedly? Sounds sort of pathetic, wouldn’t you say?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)