Cheap PC on amazon that works great with a TBS 5927

Comptech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
Travelers Rest SC
So me being the tinker type guy, buys a refurbished Lenovo M939 tiny I5 from amazon for less than $200. Got it today and will say it is incredible. Comes with all peripherals. The wifi adapter did not work, but have spares here. Has windows 10 pro on it, witch activated fine, did the windows updates and plugged in my TBS5927. Everthing plays fine in DVBDream and the unt is tucked behind the TV out of site. Best $200 I have spent in awhile, playing at 4k with no hiccups.

I first saw the title to this post and thought he is going to say pi4 or pi4 compute module with carrier board. :)

Anybody looking for a cheap solid computer needs to look for these. Tiny with lots of ports. Were can you buy a 4th gen computer for 140 bucks? The one I just won was a 6th gen with a 240 gig ssd and 16 gigs ofmemory, plus windows 10 pro, all for a 193 bucks.

For the free to air group, you need a basic computer, and the EBS pro program now free. It will run circles around a STB, Sorry Michael, don't mean to step into your sales, STB's are still great, but I think PC is the way to go.

Today I went to walmart, they had a HP gaming machine on sale for $599, ryzen7, 16 gigs of memory, and a GTX super 1650, never mind that the video cartd will cost 400 now and the windows 10 pro for 160 bucks, had to nascht it

Mike, you should look for a source of TBS card and sell them. I know the headaches would be bad, but with more stuff headed m265 and 4:2:2 I think it woould be a winner.

Reactions: KE4EST
I hope I got my point out! This cheap ass wireless mouse and keyboard that I am using since my logitech mouse died, the mouse requires a click to wake it, looks like it sends when I do that. New Logitech will be here tomorrow. LOL to make matters worse, I am not a fast typer, but can out type the keyboard.

• Sad
Reactions: FTA4PA
Yes, I fully understand where you are coming from.....and get what you are saying. I just got a Pi4 compute module I am messing with.
Is a computer setup with TBS card or similar better than a plain STB, for sure!

The thing is, most are appliance operators that want something that is as close to plug and play as it gets. They don't care what OS a box is running, as long as it always boots up and works the same every time they turn it on. They don't want to get a computer, install a card, install software, etc. They just want it to do what it says it will do all in one go.

Then there are the ones like us that like to tinker and program and play with these things more than we watch TV. :D

Plenty of room for all...

Reactions: Comptech

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)