Cheap PC on amazon that works great with a TBS 5927

How does the Win 10 license work?

I may buy a M900 but I'd like to put a bigger drive.

Just like anything else, if you buy in bulk you get it cheaper. These companies buy thousands of licenses of Windows 10, so they get deep discounts.

Actually, the original Lenovo key on the 900 series is embedded in the bios and it just activates without your intervention, the m93 have a scratch off lable that reveals a windows key and once entered activates with no other action.

You can add anything you want in the 900, hoping I get one with a Nvme slot, mixed answers whether they have one or not, if so the original small SSD will be a storage drive and I have a spare 1Tb Nvme sitting here.

Actually, the original Lenovo key on the 900 series is embedded in the bios and it just activates without your intervention, the m93 have a scratch off lable that reveals a windows key and once entered activates with no other action.
Ok, that makes sense. One of the video's you posted mentioned an embedded Windows license even if the computer didn't include a hard drive. I wasn't sure how that worked, now I do. Thanks.

I plan on doing a dual boot setup with a "buntu" variant. Most likely Linux Mint since that's what I've been using for many years. If that works out I may get another one for my technically challenged retired brother. His laptop bit the dust a year ago and currently just uses a tablet. Which he hates by the way. And I have a spare 22" wide-screen monitor, keyboard, mouse that I can give him.

Even though that one is not in my hands yest, I really think it will be a great machine. You can use the windows creation toll and burn a ISO of Win 10 pro and install with no bloatware.

I'm not opposed to getting a tuner and small PC for the FTA setup, but right now the STB is good beacuse I'm still figuring out dish/motor setup. I'm fairly computer savvy being a Linux user for many years but satellites are new to me.....

Can these TBS tuners integrate with Kodi/TVheadend in Linux?

A definate yes, they run your favorite flavor of linux just fine. I woulld recommend the update Lee version over media center build for linux.

By the way, the walmart machine I sold for a hundred dollar profiy today, had to go set it up, so not muck profit, but glad it went to a good home. I walked a with a hundred dollars on top of what I paid, but the hour plus customizing it was worth it. Cleared all the bloatware here, then went to their house and customized it to their preferences, so made zero for the time spent, but have a happy customer and for a public build this PC is 100% serviceable, with a Normal motherboard, nothing proprietary.

Reactions: FTA4PA and KE4EST
I will be happy just being able to mount it to the backside of the TV. I switch stuff around so much that I have cables running up the side of the fireplace to reach the TV on the mantel

Reactions: KE4EST