Cheapest blind scan STB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

timmy1376

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2004
Manhattan, KS
I have two PC FTA cards, the DVB World USB, and a Skystar 2 2.3p that does "blindscanning" but am thinking the DVB World box is a better choice for watching. All I really need now is blindscan that is reliable and will pickup the feeds, then I can punch it in the DVB World software. The Skystar is not quite up to snuff I think for blindscanning.

So the question is, what is the cheapest STB that does blindscan? Don't really need it to move a motor, yet.

Traxis 3500 has a great blind scan; however, it won't pick up the apids for a channel with dolby audio unless they have fixed that recently.

EDIT: And if I remember correctly, you can't easily blind scan one polarity at a time which is cumbersome when you're doing a lot of scanning on a slave setup on C band and you have the mechanical polarity switching motor.

Coolsats rank right up there in my opinion. You can give it a whole bunch of sats to scan and it will scan one, move, scan, move, scan, move etc. (assuming you have a motorized setup). I picked up a 5000 for around $50 used.

Last edited:
You can give it a whole bunch of sats to scan and it will scan one, move, scan, move, scan, move etc. (assuming you have a motorized setup). quote]

fortec Star Mercury II receiver does that as well. It is a very nice feature for overnight blind searching. :)

Make sure your Mercury II has a well pointed motor or it won't work exactly right.

I set mine up to do that one night, but all the feeds it found were dead by the time I got back to them....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)