Cheapest HD Dish Option

psumattDE

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Wilmington, DE
I know this was probably asked 100's of times - tried the search function..

But what would be the cheapest package / price possible to get HD w/ DISH.

I know the HD is now a $20 add-on, but what is the lowest package you'd need with it?

My buddy is p'd at Comcast since he just got a new HD set.

Thanks all!

I know this was probably asked 100's of times - tried the search function..

But what would be the cheapest package / price possible to get HD w/ DISH.

I know the HD is now a $20 add-on, but what is the lowest package you'd need with it?

My buddy is p'd at Comcast since he just got a new HD set.

Thanks all!
First, he has to realize the HD/SD package correlation with Dish. IE, if you don't subscribe to a package that has Nat Geo, you won't get the HD equivalent. That said, best option would be DVR advantage/AT200...$49.99 plus $20.00 . Also, 6-$10 credits. DVR fee and locals included.

If ....

you just wanted the HD locals and superstations, what would it cost? Would there be a monthly access fee? Would you have to purchase a 211/722 outright rather than lease? Subscribe to the family pkg, or other package and then cut it back? Is there an extra monthly fee if the unit is NOT connected to a telephone line? And, I guess the regional Fox Sports Network is only with the 100Plus pkg and higher, or would you get the HD versions if you subscribed to the Sports Package instead?

Thought I'd ask here rather than ask a Customer Service Representative :)

you just wanted the HD locals and superstations, what would it cost? Would there be a monthly access fee? Would you have to purchase a 211/722 outright rather than lease? Subscribe to the family pkg, or other package and then cut it back? Is there an extra monthly fee if the unit is NOT connected to a telephone line? And, I guess the regional Fox Sports Network is only with the 100Plus pkg and higher, or would you get the HD versions if you subscribed to the Sports Package instead?

Thought I'd ask here rather than ask a Customer Service Representative :)

The minimum package for HD is AT100.

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/our_products/dish_hd/programming/index.shtml

The Family Package doesn't qualify for the HD package. To the $29.99 for the AT100 you need to add $5.00 for locals.

The AT100 + plus package is $39.99 but it has the Locals and the RSN included. So for what you want it's $39.99 + $20.00 for the HD package.

If you're a new customer you get the 722 and 211. If you're a current customer try Dishing it Up and see what's available to you.

Family package plus locals w/o the hd package would be what...

$19.99 + $4.99 + $6.00 hd-enabler fee?=$30.98?

Yes, there's a $5? fee if the unit is not connected to a phone line.

I agree with most that if you're doing HD, you might as well at least do AT200 (Vs/Golf, etc.).

Versus/Golf Channels...

Family package plus locals w/o the hd package would be what...

$19.99 + $4.99 + $6.00 hd-enabler fee?=$30.98?

Yes, there's a $5? fee if the unit is not connected to a phone line.

I agree with most that if you're doing HD, you might as well at least do AT200 (Vs/Golf, etc.).

Versus and Golf channels are not available on the AT200 programming. I know they are on the AT250 (not sure about if they are on the Sports Package).

But I do agree that for HD, going at least AT200 makes sense as you must subscribe to SD channel to get the HD channel (if you don't get SD versus, you won't get HD versus).

Geoff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts