Cheapest way to add another DVR?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

northernlights

Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
Alaska
Hello,
This is my first post but hoping someone can help me out. I've been a customer of Dish Networks for a few years. I have two receivers: model 625 and 311. I absolutely love the DVR as it has changed the way I watch TV. However I would like to upgrade the basic 311 to a DVR and was wondering the most economical way to do this.
Thanks!

the new 512 could be an option if you just need sd, it is a dvr for a single tv, like the 612. They will probably want an upgrade fee, around $100, but the 512 will be $10 a month instead of $17 for a duo.

the new 512 could be an option if you just need sd, it is a dvr for a single tv, like the 612. They will probably want an upgrade fee, around $100, but the 512 will be $10 a month instead of $17 for a duo.

Thanks for the reply. Living in Alaska is a little challenging. When I called Dish, they said that no upgrades were available, even though I've been with them for a few years now. In order to get another DVR, one rep said that I had to go thru an authorized reseller (presumably conditioned with another 2-year commitment). However another rep revealed that I could simply buy my own DVR and call them to have it activated. Where would be the best place to source a DVR? I don't really need a cutting-edge model at this point. Is buying a decent used one a good idea?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts