Cheapest way to add another DVR?

northernlights

Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
Alaska
Hello,
This is my first post but hoping someone can help me out. I've been a customer of Dish Networks for a few years. I have two receivers: model 625 and 311. I absolutely love the DVR as it has changed the way I watch TV. However I would like to upgrade the basic 311 to a DVR and was wondering the most economical way to do this.
Thanks!

the new 512 could be an option if you just need sd, it is a dvr for a single tv, like the 612. They will probably want an upgrade fee, around $100, but the 512 will be $10 a month instead of $17 for a duo.

the new 512 could be an option if you just need sd, it is a dvr for a single tv, like the 612. They will probably want an upgrade fee, around $100, but the 512 will be $10 a month instead of $17 for a duo.

Thanks for the reply. Living in Alaska is a little challenging. When I called Dish, they said that no upgrades were available, even though I've been with them for a few years now. In order to get another DVR, one rep said that I had to go thru an authorized reseller (presumably conditioned with another 2-year commitment). However another rep revealed that I could simply buy my own DVR and call them to have it activated. Where would be the best place to source a DVR? I don't really need a cutting-edge model at this point. Is buying a decent used one a good idea?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts