Cheapest way to get HR24

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ejb1980

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Vermont
I am getting a roommate. The last time, I used a client and it was a nightmare. I still have the thing. I would rather put a real receiver in that bedroom than a client. What are suggestions for the easiest and cheapest (which hopefully are the same) place to get an HR24? To hook it up, do just I reconnect the coax from the client to the same splitter and to the wall connector in that bedroom? The coax is still installed along the ceiling of my basement.

Splitter------> HR44
|---------> through hole in floor directly to wall connector in bedroom --> wall connector ---> HR24

I am getting a roommate. The last time, I used a client and it was a nightmare. I still have the thing. I would rather put a real receiver in that bedroom than a client. What are suggestions for the easiest and cheapest (which hopefully are the same) place to get an HR24? To hook it up, do just I reconnect the coax from the client to the same splitter and to the wall connector in that bedroom? The coax is still installed along the ceiling of my basement.

Splitter------> HR44
|---------> through hole in floor directly to wall connector in bedroom --> wall connector ---> HR24
eBay a new Owned for $100

That would be the cheapest way, just make sure you get the numbers I ff the recvr first and call D* to make sure that it is considered Owned in their books, otherwise you won't be able to activate it.

Another option would be to call D* and see what they offer you if you tell them you need another recvr, depending on your standings with them they may give you one for free.

You sometimes can find this info online on your account page under recvrs, see what it says when you go to the Add recvr section.

This is just another option, calling in is always a good idea, more options when talking to them.

Do you need a DVR in that room, or will a HD recvr work fine, they would be cheaper yet.

The cheapest is to get one from Directv with an upgrade if you are eligible. It would be free with a 2 year commitment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts