Cheapest way to multi tv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jack Burghardt

Original poster
Sep 30, 2019
Highlands Ranch
What is the cheapest way to have multi receivers I signed up for 2 tvs but I would like to get 4 tv going. Is there single fee that will cover all recivers instead of 7 a month fee per receiver

Each receiver is $7/month, no way around that. You can use an HDMI switch to connect more than one tv to a receiver. If you have an a/v receiver with dual hdmi outputs you can connect an additional tv that way.

receiver, or clients are the some cost of $7/month
get a receiver, not a client

is there any services that does not charge per receiver anymore?

Except for OTT Services like You Tube TV, the only one is Comcast, they allow you to access their services via a Roku with no box charge.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Except for OTT Services like You Tube TV, the only one is Comcast, they allow you to access their services via a Roku with no box charge.

comcast is free now, while in beta
rumor s it will be charged upon full release

Reactions: JSheridan
comcast is free now, while in beta
rumor s it will be charged upon full release

Don’t doubt it because it is Comcast.

AT&T TV, the new service that will become the company's flagship cable TV offering, includes simultaneous service to any 3 screens in or out of home, at least as it's currently configured in the pilot test markets. Doesn't cost extra to watch on 3 TVs vs. 1. However, the service only comes with a single dedicated box and remote, which is yours to keep. If you want to watch on additional screens, you can either use the AT&T TV app at no additional cost (on your own Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV, iPhone, Android phone, etc.) or you can purchase additional AT&T TV boxes for $120 each.

Will be interesting to see if they stick with that set-up when the service launches nationwide next year. I know some homes will want the ability to watch on more than 3 screens simultaneously and I expect that they'll have to eventually offer that, even if it costs extra.

AT&T TV, the new service that will become the company's flagship cable TV offering, includes simultaneous service to any 3 screens in or out of home, at least as it's currently configured in the pilot test markets. Doesn't cost extra to watch on 3 TVs vs. 1. However, the service only comes with a single dedicated box and remote, which is yours to keep. If you want to watch on additional screens, you can either use the AT&T TV app at no additional cost (on your own Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV, iPhone, Android phone, etc.) or you can purchase additional AT&T TV boxes for $120 each.

Will be interesting to see if they stick with that set-up when the service launches nationwide next year. I know some homes will want the ability to watch on more than 3 screens simultaneously and I expect that they'll have to eventually offer that, even if it costs extra.

its not a cable service, its a streaming service

AT&T TV: Requires high-speed internet. Recommend minimum Internet 25 plan (min 8 Mbps per stream for optimal viewing). Limit 3 concurrent AT&T streams

Second account......

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

its not a cable service, its a streaming service

AT&T TV: Requires high-speed internet. Recommend minimum Internet 25 plan (min 8 Mbps per stream for optimal viewing). Limit 3 concurrent AT&T streams

It's a service that offers a package of live linear cable TV channels (i.e. an MVPD), therefore, yeah, it's as much of a "cable" service as is DirecTV, which, to get technical, isn't delivered via coaxial cable either but rather by DBS satellite.

Also, how do you classify Comcast Xfinity TV when it's delivered as streaming IPTV over the company's own broadband network? Is that a cable service? Or is it streaming? (Or is that an increasingly meaningless distinction that no one really cares about?)

It's a service that offers a package of live linear cable TV channels (i.e. an MVPD), therefore, yeah, it's as much of a "cable" service as is DirecTV, which, to get technical, isn't delivered via coaxial cable either but rather by DBS satellite.

Also, how do you classify Comcast Xfinity TV when it's delivered as streaming IPTV over the company's own broadband network? Is that a cable service? Or is it streaming? (Or is that an increasingly meaningless distinction that no one really cares about?)

i disagree, neither cable, nor sat tv require you to have another service
a streaming service requires the purchase of an internet service

Reactions: Marcingak

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)