Check switch everyday on 2700

enibum

Original poster
Jun 3, 2007
Does anybody know why I need to run a check switch every day so that I can get all channels? There are a quite a few channels that do not show up on the guide, but when you run the check switch, they are back. I have not taken an audit but one of them is 418 FSNMW and another is 170 NICK. I can not even get them by typing in the channel number until I run a check switch. Any ideas?

Sorry about the long time in replying, but I have been busy. I have a dish 500 with a legacy lnb and a sw21 to a 2700 reciever. I have not done an audit to see which channels are missing, but after doing the check switch I get all of them back.

I would go outside and remove the connectors one at a time an look inside those sw-21's seem to sometimes have a tendancy to get corrosion in side the wire connetors.Next what is your signal strength on satellites 110 & 119 you should be getting signals in the higher 80's or preferably in the 90's or above. Dish requires a 90 for new installs.you may also have a receiver issue since yours is an old model.I recommend signing up for a dishing it up promotion.Yes you will have to sign a contract but they wil come out and install the receiver for free and if you ask you may be able to get a discounted service call if they can do it on the same trip.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)