Check Switch Installation Summary

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
The Installation Summary Screen that opens after Check Switch is selected has two boxes to select, SuperDish and Alternate. Both boxes can be selected at the same time. Does anyone know what this is for and when should we select them?

Superdish was for those customers with superdishes and alternate was for unusual arrangements, can't think of any off the top of my head though.

Actually with a standard superdish you didn't check the boxes either. They mean something else, if anything at all.

Not entirely sure what they are supposed to do, but I do know that if superdish is checked on a legacy receiver It will run the test 1 of 6 instead of 1 of 38 (or 34 on some very old legacy receivers). On Dish Pro receivers I have noticed that with Superdish checked if you either have legacy equipment, or there is a DiSEqC Communication problem with Dish pro, it will run a the test as 1 of 50 instead of 1 of 38. To the best of my knowledge and experience having the either checked or unchecked on a dishpro system really makes no difference in the reuslts, or operation.

They are to do extra checkswitch steps to determine your setup. Most people do not need the extra steps, so why make everyone do 50 steps.

Alternate is for Puerto Rico and maybe Alaska and Hawaii.

One of them checks Spotbeam Transponders... a normal checkswitch doesn't check spotbeams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)