Check switch Thorn in my side Dish 500

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Firewalker

Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
Hello there,
I am new here and I have had trouble with my system for around 9 months.

I have a Dish 500 system

625 receiver

I have a DP Twin LNB

I basically have the "error has been detected....you must run check switch" message. This happens almost non stop. I am in a RV and the dish is on a tripod. I sometimes have the signal where I can watch programs off the 110 and 119 sats but not always. Sometimes I get the lower channels and other times the higher ones.

When I record shows depending on which ones are working it will fragment the recordings into 1 second increments. yes, there will be 70 events for one show.

I thought the receiver was to blame despite it being new. I sent it to Dish and they replaced it. Same problem.

I called them a little bit ago and the CSR told me it could be because I am using a DP Twin and a separator to split the signal to go to each side of the dual tuner.

Being in an RV I am using the cable that is in here and it may not be the correct RG 6, however when trouble shooting this I have wired it direct using RG6 from the dish to the tuner......same problem. Doesn't matter if I use one wire from dish to one tuner........same......

One thing I don't think I have tried is running two wires from dish and going one each into the dual tuners.

When I do the aim dish process I can get the 110 sat with ease but the 119 is hit or miss.

When I run check switch I get both lit up green for 110 and 119 on both inputs.

Not sure what is up but they said I either need new cable or a DPP lnb.

I am moments away from just switching to direct TV programming and saying to hell with all of this. I am not sure if is my install or trying to hit two sats off a tripod that is hard to level and plumb.....or ???????

Can someone please advise me on this? I hope there is something simple that I am doing wrong that can be fixed.

I am hesitant to buy anything else (especially a $80 LNB) if it is not a pretty sure thing.

I can't tell you how happy I will be when I can just come home and watch what few programs I do like to see.

I know this was long but I wanted to give as much info as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Scott

A 625 with a single wire back to dish with a separator must have a DPP LNB, no way around that. You can go two wires to the dish and be good to go. If you switch to DirecTV and get their DVR, you're gonna have to go two wire. They have a single wire solution but it isn't broadly available yet.

Vegas is right a DP Twin requires 2 cables to a dual tuner receiver or if you want to use a single wire you need a single tuner receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)