Check Switch

sth334

Original poster
Oct 29, 2013
Alabama
Any help would be appreciated. I take a receiver from my house and attach a 2nd dish to tailgate with. Do I have to run a check switch before I begin to aim the satellite or find the satellites first? I read somewhere that the signal meter on the tv will not work correctly if a check switch has not been performed, but also read a check switch cannot be preformed properly if the receiver is not receiving a signal. These seem to cancel each other out to me without purchasing a separate signal finder.

If your dishes are the same, then no check switch is needed.

Do you know exactly what you got?

Welcome to the site. :)

Doing a check switch with nothing attached clears the switch and will make it easier to search for satellites. After you find the desired satellites you then run another switch test to tell the receiver how your system is configured..

It's much quicker to align the dish first and then do check switch. It's also better to buy an inexpensive satellite meter to help with the alignment. If you have alignment, the check switch runs quickly. If you don't it takes a long time.

As someone else said, you don't need to do a check switch if you are using the same dish at home. However, if your home dish is connected to a switch you will need to run check switch.

I know this sounds like a dumb question but how can i tell? my receiver from home that i also take with me is a 222k. both dish have 3 lnb, say turbo hd and dp plus on the end of the lnb.

thanks for the reply. is it possible to put same model switch in both dish to be able to use the signal meter on the tv? When i take the dish with me it wont recognize any satellites until i do a check switch where it has found at least 1 satellite

Sounds like you have the same dish for both places. Judt leave the check switch alone, that way the signal strength screen will be able to recognize satellites and help you point.

On that point, don't trust the signal strength unless it says Locked and names the sat it locked onto.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts