Lost hopper service

ESA1178

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 24, 2011
Sacramento, CA USA
I had dish installed with 2 vip922 receivers and 2 other TV's having access to those receivers, remotely.
A few months back.
These past few weeks just had remodeling/painting done and cables were removed/replaced.
Now I have reception on those TV's with receivers but not on the remote TV's.
Looking for instructions to setup the remote TV"s again...
Can anyone help?
I hate to call DISH back in....

Mark

You can start the protection plan and keep it for 4 months and stop it and the service call will cost you $15
BTW, You posted in the Hopper Forum not the general Dish Forum.

922 and Hopper are completely different "animals," excuse the pun. If you really have two 922s (didn't know Dish still installed those) then it sounds like your TV2s are not properly connected to their respective diplexors.

I had dish installed with 2 vip922 receivers and 2 other TV's having access to those receivers, remotely.
A few months back.
These past few weeks just had remodeling/painting done and cables were removed/replaced.
Now I have reception on those TV's with receivers but not on the remote TV's.
Looking for instructions to setup the remote TV"s again...
Can anyone help?
I hate to call DISH back in....

Mark
How is your two remote TVs connected to your 922s? Is it by coax or RCA cables? Look at the back of your 922s and see if coax is attached to the Home Distribution port. If only one is connected, trace the coax. You may have only one 922 Home Distribution coax attached that is feeding both remote TVs using a coax splitter that did not get connected after your home remodeling/painting was done.

I suggested he go to DISH seeing he apparently has no idea what he has for equipment. If a contractor was responsible for disconnecting let them pay for the service call.

There are no splitters involved. 2 cables from the dish to 2 receivers.
Both receivers have wifi antenna attached to back...

Mark
As asked before, are there cables connected to the TV2 outputs?

There are no splitters involved. 2 cables from the dish to 2 receivers.
Both receivers have wifi antenna attached to back...

Mark

That "WiFi" antenna is actually a remote antenna.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Does your box look like this:
DishViP922.jpg

Or like this:
DISH_Hopper_2012.jpg

Or something else?

And do you have any of these:
DISH_Joey_2012.jpg

Click on each picture to see it larger.