Check your newest statements!!

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
My today's bill was $20.65 more than last month. Here's what happened. Dvr Advantage was gone. Full price for HBO, DHPP added, and TV 2 connect charge added (which is supposed to be gone now), along with partial charges from THE CHANGE. So, look carefully. Lady tried to tell me I made the changes. I said why on earth would I make changes that would cost me more??

My today's bill was $20.65 more than last month. Here's what happened. Dvr Advantage was gone. Full price for HBO, DHPP added, and TV 2 connect charge added (which is supposed to be gone now), along with partial charges from THE CHANGE. So, look carefully. Lady tried to tell me I made the changes. I said why on earth would I make changes that would cost me more??
DISH may be monitoring the board and wanted to get a few extra dollars from you as they thought you were getting ready to jump ship. ;)

DISH may be monitoring the board and wanted to get a few extra dollars from you as they thought you were getting ready to jump ship. ;)
They know I'm not jumping ship since they paid for a whole new installation.

It's always good advice to check all your bills for errors every time, thanks for the reminder.

Various companies will do this... they'll "accidentally" add stuff to customer bills and only take if off if you call and complain. It sucks, but it's a fact of life - especially if you have autopay and paperless billing, they're betting a certain number of people will just let it slide.

This isn't unusual nowadays, sadly - jou just have to remember to scrutinize every bill, every month!

Can someone explain to me why, if I'm on paperless billing and autopay, DISH is now sending me a "statement" by mail thanking me for being on paperless and auto pay? It's a complete bill without a return envelope.

This is the fourth month of this.

Can someone explain to me why, if I'm on paperless billing and autopay, DISH is now sending me a "statement" by mail thanking me for being on paperless and auto pay? It's a complete bill without a return envelope.

This is the fourth month of this.
interesting
i started getting the statements again about the first of the year. but i was on paperless autopay as well.

My experience on these issues, being a newer customer:

At the end of my free HBO trial, I needed to tell them to cancel it so I wouldn't get billed extra. ($12/month or something like that) Perhaps you were in the same boat and didn't do that?

I don't know why DVR advantage would be gone.

DHPP was added to my bill when the free 10 month credit ran out, so it was $5 or $6 extra, so I called to cancel the DHPP.

TV2 connect charge might come up after having the phone line working for a while and then inadvertantly letting it go for a while with no dial tone. This would trigger them to start charging for the $5/month fee. Mine does that because I have an inconsistent VOIP (magicJack) phone line that doesn't work when the computer is off. My solution was to connect the internet via Cat5 cable and setup the network on the Vip722 receiver that I have.

All in all, check your bill and be aware of what is going on with your receiver and account. Thanks for the reminder.

It's just their weird way of saying "Thanks!" ;)

I get magazine subscription renewals (for magazines that I have never subscribed to) in the mail all the time. I assume a lot of people just pay them and think they are a notmal bill.

My account changed from paperless to mail by itself - I had to check the box to change it back.

Check your account.

Same thing happened to me. I called and they said they were having problems billing VISA and had dropped me out. I had to pay the balance of $210 just to get back in. :confused:

It's always good advice to check all your bills for errors every time, thanks for the reminder.

I'm actually having a problem doing this. I tried to pay my yearly 250 channel subscription early to avoid the price increase and the CSR end up doing a bunch of stuff to my account and gave me a credit to deal with the price increase. I wanted to look at my statements to see what ended up happening but because there's now a credit balance on my account, my statements aren't available online.

I even called customer service and they mailed me one of the statements (I asked for two) and it was empty...it didn't show any of the account activity on the bill. What's with dish and bills with credit balances?

The best I could do was I could see the account activity using the Dish Online service from my DVR but I couldn't see all the data since the text description of the entries overlaps the money amounts making them impossible to read in some cases.

they say to save trees enroll in paperless and they are sending you an envelope with paper saying thanks for enrolling in something... oh forget it I don't need to finish this idiotic analogy.

I have something going on the opposite way. I have Dish DVR Advantage Classic Silver 57.99, Silver HD 10.00, Platinum HD 10.00 (not sure why I still have this, but I digress), and DHPP 5.99 for a grand total of $83.98. I have auto pay, however they only took out $65.72 and I have a $3 credit. I did a chat and was told I have credits that knocked my bill down to 65 bucks. I am not complaining, but does anybody have a clue as to what these credits are? I was told they were going to show up on my next bill, but I wonder...

I am not complaining, but does anybody have a clue as to what these credits are? I was told they were going to show up on my next bill, but I wonder...
Maybe the PPV credits that they mentioned I should be getting in my next bill but didn't get. They even say to call or go online if you didn't get them.

I don't have any bills auto pay or paperless. I like to look at my bills and see if any errors on them. Have had some errors that I had to call and get straiting out.

Later,

BigJohn2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts