Chicago Eastern Arc

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rsmithwi

On Vacation
Original poster
May 14, 2014
Land of 10,000 taxes!
Just a quickie question, is the Chicago market an Eastern Arc city? I know Milwaukee, Green Bay are so I would imaging Chi-town is as well. I suppose it could be both I guess.

Thanks guys from a new member.

I know Milwaukee, Green Bay are so I would imaging Chi-town is as well. I suppose it could be both I guess.
I'm not sure there's a lot of rhyme or reason as to what locals are on EA vs WA. I am east of you and my locals are on WA. TNGTony is straight south of me and his locals are on EA. Columbus, again farther east than you and me, is on WA.

Also, the dish won't be pointing west for you, but more south-southwest to southwest. Same with an EA setup - you'll be pointing southeast.

That's a good point. I am socked in with trees south/southwest but have a nice southeast opening. When I get a chance, will try a sat pointing app for my Droid phone.

I'm not sure there's a lot of rhyme or reason as to what locals are on EA vs WA. I am east of you and my locals are on WA. TNGTony is straight south of me and his locals are on EA. Columbus, again farther east than you and me, is on WA.

Also, the dish won't be pointing west for you, but more south-southwest to southwest. Same with an EA setup - you'll be pointing southeast.

When the EA was first set up, Dish had to use an existing satellite not designed specifically for that task. Thus they had to use the spotbeam footprints that satellite already had. Some markets falling within the spotbeams of that existing satellite were designated EA. Dish has had the opportunity to design the spotbeam footprints for its newer satellites on either arc so it can plan in advance what markets are to be on which arc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts